Getting a Stang!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
truthfully speaking..id get neither. heres why:

-drop top Mustang...all a person needs is a knife to get into it and its gone (car stolen)
-CRX...you said you didnt want another Honda because it will get stolen in 6 months. so why bother looking at one?

my suggestion is find something a lil more original. perhaps a Nissan 240 or maybe even a VW GTi. just my suggestion but do what ya want chief.

They are fun if you have the $$$ to "tinker" with them. Honestly i would rather have a honda, but i just dont got the $$ to get it fast enough. and i dont have the space to do a swap myself.

Ok so maybe my title for this thread should've been

"What kind of decent car could i get for 2500 bucks"

and i mean something that is not fuckin slow as hell

240, how much u think i could get one for???

i dunno, look at autotrader.com , cars.com and eBay. you should be able to find something in your price range you can make fast.

yeah ill check, the only reason i was thinkin of a stag is since i drove my friends i liked it and we smoked a lot of cars in it, that shit pulls hard just being a stock car.

But yeah, other than the 240, what are some other RWD cars that might be good??

I've seen 92-95 civic 4 door cars go for 1500 bucks with 130K miles in great shape

find one of them buy it then save your money up for the car you really want

2500 wont get you shit unless you want a project car and it soudns like you dont

so buy a cheap car and save up

1991 HONDA CRX SI-5spd, 1.6L, extremely fast, perfect cond inside & out, second owner, 159k fwy mi, $2450, moving must sell, call (619)518-1525 REF:SLXQK

I thought it was funny

I say go with a foxbody 5.0. Not necessarily a GT, but a LX 5.0 would be just dandy.

take a guess what i'm gonna say lol

get the 5.0. fast and cheap to make faster. more aftermarket availability.

Damn i can see this turning into getanycarxceptahonda.com, the owner hates them, 2 Mods own Mustangs, and a couple of other people like Nissans better.

well, the only honda setup i'd have is a hatch with a turboed h22.. a friend here has a red one on a stock h22 with 7 lbs and beat a stang that runs 8.1 in the 1/8th last night.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Aug 30 2003, 08:50 AM
I say go with a foxbody 5.0. Not necessarily a GT, but a LX 5.0 would be just dandy.

:werd:

i'd actually get a LX. $2000 will get you a running 5.0 and the other $500 you could put towards a complete tune-up.

:thumbsup: good luck on your purchase.

5.0 LX's are pretty quick, you wouldn't expect them to be but they do run 1/4s faster than the GTs in some cases.

There's a reason why the Mustang is cheaper than the CRX...and that's because it depreciates more...hopefully you understand why. ;)

Do what ya want. You got the cash.

Cool, just wanted some opinions.Probably go with a stang, but most likely a Hatch if i find one, lighter and a little safer. I dont know for sure but i got like three weeks until i get my Financial Aid $$$ so then I'll decide.

Originally posted by TypeRcivic@Aug 30 2003, 12:42 PM
Damn i can see this turning into getanycarxceptahonda.com, the owner hates them, 2 Mods own Mustangs, and a couple of other people like Nissans better.

That's because... guess what? *gasp* Hondas aren't the be- all end- all of performance! Oh nooeess!!!11!!! Say it ain't so, Honkey! You mean that there actually are other cars out there that are better than a $12,000 Civic?

Yep. I'll *NEVER* own a Honda again. Unless they build something like what I described in that new Acura thread, never again. My AllTrac with a $6 Home Depot- spec boost controller walked all over a C5 powered del Sol today, and is capable of 155+ MPH. Handling, the del Sol wins because it has ITR suspension, but do what he did to my car and the AllTrac would handle better. I'm not saying Hondas are junk. They're fine, fine automobiles. But christ, open your mind to what else is out there!

Man, you sure do love your alltrac don't you?

All I hear from you is my alltrac this my alltrac that, not saying its a bad thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back