Getting bored with Honda's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You wants it.

800px-NSXmodified.jpg

I've always loved these cars. They cost so much money, and with being a supercar, parts are at supercar prices. Who knows maybe one will show up in the company car auction at work. There've been several s2k's, and even a ITR with 150 miles on in auctioned off.

I know what I'd do, and I did it, couldn't be happier.

I forgot about those nissans. Might not be bad having 2 in the garage. (My DD is a 96' maxima)

All in your goals. My car handles like its on rails and puts out a good bit of power.
My idea was to the best thing for street use, something that can handle, have tons of power, and still be usable. I had a turbo civic, after not having 3rd gear with an LS tranny due to no traction..... no thanks. never again.

Always wanted to do a fiero. swap in a 3.8 super. the only problem is I can't think of a five speed transaxle to pair it with. maybe a 3.1 from a cavalier or something...

If you want to go straight, get a mustang or camaro.... no better bang for the straight line buck.

mustang's and camaro's are like assholes, every douche bag has one.

Just like above mustang and camaro is uni-body and needs heavy frame/body mods with big power. Best bet is a full frame car, a S-10 can hold up to 300hp from a V8 with the motor mount kit, and a rear end swap. For one its light, its a truck so it has the frame, you can add use lief springs. down side is you need to use shorty headers unless you want to cut some firewall and do welding.
check this out at 32 sec, you can see how easy it is to make this frame stronger.
YouTube - S10 V8

F-body needs Heavy mods my ass. $150 sub-frame connectors and a torque arm and your done. If you wanna go the extra mile like I did you could throw in the boxed LCAs, adjustable panhard rod, bigger sway bars, and shorter adjustable torque arm for an even better pinion angle and youre way ahead of the game. Not necessary but I also did the tubular K-Member, A arms, Eibachs and KYBs. I'd pick up a clean third gen. Swap in a LS1/T56 combo. Throw in a Moser 12 bolt and call it a day.

By the way he said hes tired of no tracton up to 60MPH so why would he build an S10 that has no traction up to 100MPH

I've been driving and modding Honda's for the past 6 years now. I love the product and will own one as a DD in the future. Hell I work R&D for the company. My first was a 99's si that I did bolt-ons to. In 06' I sold that, bought the current hatch and did a gsr swap. In October 07' I supercharged the thing. Since then I've just changed the oil, put on a new header, and changed the exhaust. The car has 250whp, and hauls ass. It's just getting bored to me. I'm sick of crappy traction under 60mph.

I'm pondering what my next project will be. It's definately going to have to be rwd, and I want it to be fast (12's or better). I'm looking for a clean slate. I'm tired of the raspy exhaust note and constantly battling rust. There are a couple of directions that come to mind.

1. Miata. I've always loved these cars. Mine would be ls2 swapped with a t56.
2. e36 m. Love the way they drive. Too many of my friends have them. parts=$$$
3. 94-98 mustang cobra. Was my dream car as a kid. In 4th grade I predicted I'd be a car engineer driving a black 95 cobra. I've been right on half of that so far.
4. f-body. Only for the ls1.

Anything else you guys can think of. I know I'm not the first person on here who has thought about giving up their Honda.

I'm sure this will be no shock coming from me but what about a early model C5 Corvette 1997. Start off with 345hp and work your way up, heads/cam/headers/exhaust will get you about 450hp and if you get bored, turbo the shit out of it. You can get a low mileage 97 C5 for cheap..some on ebay with 40k miles for $12,500 with 6pd

save your money, get a 370z. pretty much the best bang for the buck right now. base model is only $30k msrp. which means you can get it for less than that.

leave it stock. it has 332hp and 270 something tq.

and use it for dd, sell the maxima.

A good friend of mine has a 98 Cobra, i love the thing, quick too, i recommend one of these :D

for christs sake dont get a mustang or a camaro! have you ever driven either?

i have looked into the 350z and the s2000, and both of them are a hell of a lot of fun even in stock form. neither one is really all that fast, but that can be fixed.

or if you want to really build your own project car, then yeah get a miata and put a ls1 in it. or what about a 240sx with a vq35 and six speed... i might do that project one day :D

Last edited:
im tellin you. rr is the way to go. the fiero was a good idea, just never done right. and as far as clearance, they make kits to put a 350 in, and I don't remember where, but I saw one with a 454 in it. they had to cut out the firewall and a hole in the trunk lid for the airpan, but a decent sized V6 would be fuckin amazing.

some dude down the street has a fiero with a northstar, iam sure its very fast cause my grandparents elderado with northstar will make chop meat out of my civic when i had the turbo on it.

I'm pondering what my next project will be. It's definately going to have to be rwd, and I want it to be fast (12's or better).

Anything else you guys can think of
I actually worked on a second gen MR2 for the first time yesterday and that shit was easy. No hard to reach places, RWD, parts aren't too expensive, good after-market support, and the damn thing can probably take tons of Supra parts :)

If I didn't have my e36 i'd probably be looking for an mr2 right now ^_^

I actually worked on a second gen MR2 for the first time yesterday and that shit was easy. No hard to reach places, RWD, parts aren't too expensive, good after-market support, and the damn thing can probably take tons of Supra parts :)

My friend has one with a boosted JDM swap, its pretty quick for only running on 7lbs. And I know that you can put Supra brakes on them, he was looking into doing it.

MR2 Turbo FTW.. just dont drive it in the rain, the back likes to come out.. lol.. ask me how i know

MR2 Turbo FTW.. just dont drive it in the rain, the back likes to come out.. lol.. ask me how i know

The guy who built my old civic motor had an MR2, he said he'd never do it again, he had so many stupid issues with it. Keep in mind he builds hondas/imports for a living.

Might as well just get a Eclipses GSX if you're willing to put up with issues.

P.S how many RWD cars have you been in? Any rear wheel drive car that makes legit power will get your ass out of control if you don't know how to drive it. There's 293802934 threads of newbs with 350Zs that after turning off the driving aids lost the rear and hit stuff while driving in the rain. Always the cars fault because of not having the driving aid on.... lol I love the tips, NEVER DRIVE WITH IT OFF!!!!!

F that, my Z is a base and the only driving aid I have is ABS.

Last edited:
Back