Getting bored with Honda's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Have you thought about a DeLorean DMC-12? Stainless body Gull wing doors, french designed V-6 engine, RWD, Euro DMC-12's had 200HP, American ones had less because of all the emissions crap.

Oh, one last thing, I hear they were great at 88MPH.

I vote for NSX.

Probably because Honda engines intrigue me, and get my girlfriend hot. :D

Thanks for the suggestions everyone:). Good call on the mr2. I've always loved the 2nd gen mr2's. I looked into them, and finding a turbo model in good condition is going to cost $15k plus. There just arn't many around here. I'd take an NSX in a heartbeat. Thing is they just cost so damn much. Plus, the c30 engine in them has no changeover parts from other Honda's, so fixing it would be an expensive nightmare. Examples with well over 120k miles are still $20k.

The 370z is one of my favorite new cars today. The styling is sexy, and the motor is just amazing. I could afford one too, I'd just have to finance it. The key is that this is going to be a project car. As much as I'd like to dump all my income into it, my concience tells me to save some cash for a house purshase/kids in a few years.

Right now, I'm looking at LSX Miata, 350z, S2K, e36 m3, and 96-98 mustang cobra. I'm going to check out a miata today and see if 1. I fit in it, and 2. Does the way it drives get me past its girly styling. Here's some pics:
IMGP1671.JPG

if you're gonna go muscle, and want a good project, go for a first gen corvette. buy a shell and start restoring it. the shell might cost you nearly 10k or more, but I've seen the finished product bring in nearly 100k.

My vote would be a 03/04 cobra or a ws6. That way you may actually get a chick. They get off on the vibrations a cammed lsx makes, it hits the right frequencies. Trust me on that.
A miata isnt going to help you on that, its just skyrocketing the ghay factor.

Heck if you're leaning towards miata you might as well hire a midget to push you around in a shopping cart. Atleast then when people laugh itll be for other reasons.

My vote would be a 03/04 cobra or a ws6. That way you may actually get a chick. They get off on the vibrations a cammed lsx makes, it hits the right frequencies. Trust me on that.
A miata isnt going to help you on that, its just skyrocketing the ghay factor.

Heck if you're leaning towards miata you might as well hire a midget to push you around in a shopping cart. Atleast then when people laugh itll be for other reasons.

03/04 cobra....he said he wanted something fast.....C5 Corvette FTW....let's face it, The Vette get's them Wet

Are you also going to ride around singing 80s pop songs in a high pitched voice as well or are you only half commiting to the Corky Romano look. Come on, if it doesnt read Z28, SS, Z06, or WS6 maybe even 3[5(7)]0Z dont do it!

can you fuckers stop quoting the extra super large picture. someone resize it already.

ps- I vote miata. super fun to drive

Update: I checked out and drove the Miata. I liked the way it drove, but the price is high. The fact that it looks pretty ghey doesn't sell it too well. I'd be buying it for an lsx swap, but after discovering that the widest tire that can be fit is a 225, the entire concept would be pretty worthless under 60mph.

I then looked into getting a c4 vette. Particularly the 96' LT4 6 speed version. Though I didn't drive that model, I did drive a 94' 6speed LT1 just to see how it felt. First of all, getting in and out of the thing reminds me of climbing into a canoe. Second, the shifting action on the thing is TERRIBLE. I was told that it works perfectly, but going from my civic and maxima, it felt like I was pulling a metal rod though a pile of rocks. The worst thing about the car was the groans emitted from the floppy chassis when it was pushed in corners. Though it was the most modern of c4's, it was obviously a 1980's GM effort. Hell the steering column is the same one as my friends dad's 94' silverado.

Now on my list is the c5. Its a somewhat exotic setup with its torque tube design with the trans in the rear. The lsx motors are an amazing design and respond well to mods. Even better, a 97-99 can be had for 16-18k with low miles.

Wow these things aren't bad to insure either. $750/year. Compare that to $900 Geico wanted for a Miata, and $1500 for a 95' cobra.

With everyone mentioning swaps and builds for this DD... has anyone mentioned an LS swapped RX-7? I know its blasphemy.. lol.. has alot of potential.. a very light body... Very small... with an LSx your not going to bust up factoy apex seals when your bumping up past 350 hp.. :D rx's are sexy.. umm.... *Drool*

Its RWD and I'm fairly sure you can fit some fair sized rubber in the stock rear end.. these are becoming more and more common..

here's a link to some RX7 LS1s on youtube to tickle your v8 fancy.. V-8 RX-7

he has a turbo'd 350Z... why the hell would he want or need an RX7 with an LS# in it

E_SolSi
he has a turbo'd 350Z... why the hell would he want or need an RX7 with an LS# in it
Ohh.. in that case why would he even want another car? Its not like he asked us to bounce ideas off him or anything.. he said it would have to be rwd.. a project.. able to get down to 12's.. I thought it was worth mention.. excuse me..

Back