1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Clutch Changed tomorrow..

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by assman, Nov 20, 2003.

1. assman

assman Senior Member

I'm getting a Stage 1 clutch put in my car tomorrow, i was wondering if its a must to get ur flywheel resurfaced and what happens if you dont.. also how much would it cost in So cal to get that done, i was planning on just buying a lighten one from ACT or something but ended up wasting the money on other things.. so any suggestions and answers?

2. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

yes you should get your fly wheel resurfaced... your clutch will last longer, AND it cheap.. just get it done.

3. assman

assman Senior Member

how cheap? and how long does it take? also would i need to leave it at the shop or on the spot type thing

4. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

Resurfacing should only be about $30-$50 depending on where you are located and where you go. It should only take no more than 1 hour.

5. assman

assman Senior Member

aight thx for the help imma go n do dat while in da morning hopefully everything comes out ok and my clutch grips good... stupid break in miles....

6. knowledge

knowledge Senior Member

Yeah make sure you put 500 stop and go miles on it before you romp it bro, or you will be investing in a new clutch before you know it.

7. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

im just wondering how much they're chargin you, I did it myself for $125 and in like 6 hours (I pulled the WHOLE engine). It grips good and I also hate the break in period but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted