Getting Code 22 ... VTEC Oil Pressure Switch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Well i`m getting a VTEC Oil Pressure Switch code.

Was thinking of dismantling the VTEC solenoid and checking its movement etc ... but i`m affraid that lotsa oil will come pouring out ... is this the case or i`m just exagerating :)

Also ... what about a 41 code ... Primary Oxygen Sensor - Heater
circuit malfunction ... what exactly do i have to check for ? Where`s this heater circuit ?

before you tear shit apart, check your wiring. thats 98% of the problems.

o2 heater is built into the o2 sensor. its 2 of the 4 wires on the 4-wire o2.
again, check your wiring.

Yeah i checked the honda manual about the sensors and socket .. BUT however my O2 sensor has only 1 wire .. not 4 ... i`ve got a jdm d15b

Anything regarding the vtec oil pressure switch ?

i'm getting a code 41 too, and it says that it is a "fuel supply system". wtf? it only happens when i drive around on the highway for about 10 minutes.

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Oct 28 2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah i checked the honda manual about the sensors and socket .. BUT however my O2 sensor has only 1 wire .. not 4 ... i`ve got a jdm d15b

Anything regarding the vtec oil pressure switch ?
[post=408716]Quoted post[/post]​

if your ECU needs a 4-wire o2, you need a 4-wire o2. to hell with what the motor ame with. the motor could care less about the o2... its the ecu that reads it.

get a 4-wire o2, wire it up correctly, problem solved.

as for your vtec pressure, again, it shoudls liek you did something wrong.

What ecu are you using? what harness? what year/model/trim car? is the oil pressure sender conencted?

Originally posted by Callidus@Oct 31 2004, 08:27 PM
i'm getting a code 41 too, and it says that it is a "fuel supply system". wtf? it only happens when i drive around on the highway for about 10 minutes.
[post=409863]Quoted post[/post]​

What says it's a fuel supply problem? No manual I have seen.

Ok ..well i`ve got a jdm d15b vtec

Now .. on these cars, usualy the o2 sensor is a 1 wire and not 4 wire.

I`ll check about goin round this prob, maybe unchecking the o2 heater in uberdata eventhough it goes into open loop ..anyway ..

My greatest concern is this damn code 22 (vtec pressure switch) .. however the vetc IS working for sure ..u can feel it while drivin. I said so .. if vtec is workin than the switch is too right.

Now this may sound like an idiot question but where exactly is the vtec pressure switch ? Any pics maybe or diagrams or soemone tell me were it is so i could check wiring ?

Thanks

screw what the car has. you need to match the proper wire o2 to what the ECU wants.

we need to know what ecu you are using.

vtec pressure is right by the dizzy and the vtec solenoid. its the other thing thats there... kinda below it. its one wire if im not mistaken. not realyl a plug-type sensor. its kinda like the oil pressure sendor on the back of the block-- kinda slide on thing

Ok .well i gt a jdm obd2 ecu .. but since i was planning to chip a p28 .. i now got a p28 and is still stock.

Its with the p28 that i`m getting the o2 sensor thing ! .. hmm ..
Can i use the sensor that`s with the engine (1 wire) ?
I really don`t feel like spending on a new 4 wire o2.

As for the vtec pressure switch ,.. still kinda confused. Will check the engine..

NO! you CANNOT use the 1-wire sensor!! Are you even reading these posts??

You HAVE to use a 4-wire sensor with anything other than an obd0 ecu!

if you don't feel like spending money for a 4-wire o2, you will never solve your problem. end of story.

the p28 NEEDS, REQUIRES, AND MUST HAVE a 4-wire, heated, o2 sensor to not throw a code.

you can pick up a used one for like 40 bucks.

If you need any kind of diagram go to J-spec auto sports or you can go to www.socalracer.com and you can talk to taffy or 5150crx they can help you with all of this 5150 has a b16 in his crx he also works at 5150 performance. He can tell you what you need to do for any swap hes the guy to talk to.

Back