getting EF, own a DA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90dals

i own a 90 teg. selling it, and trying to get a 91 DX. great body and interior. 105k miles. runs great.

now what is a good swap. i know its been answered, but ive seen mixed ideas. would a SOHC vtec motor be easier than a DOHC non vtec? i was thinking of a b18b with a cable tranny.

what are all your thoughts? anything special needed? does any one have links to a site that has swap tutorials or anything?

B18 with a cable is very feasable. and if you can get it cheap, then thats better. There is somone on here selllng a complete swap for 450, you'll need mounts, and shift linkages. Also to make this work you will want to change from DPFI to MPFI. to this you add injectors and use a resistor box.

so shift linkage, resistor box. injectors will come with a b18a so im not worried. if i find a junk da, i can get the box, and everything from it. im selling my DA right now.

90 LS with 2k in mods. ran a 15.8 on stock clutch. good for mid 15's since clutch was slipping and now i fixed it.

girl is coming to pay 1600 for it.

You will need to shorten the shift linkage or buy a hasport linkage, mount kit, make axles (you will have to look up the proper combo for this), and the ecu and wiring.

I have heard different for many years. Ill have to look into it.

my friend just did a ls swap in his HF rex and he only needed to swap his axels because they were too small, but LS axels will fit into DX hubs. he tried to buy my hubs in fact lol

why dont you just keep you DA?? it is a 90 right??? has a b18a1 OBD-O right..you can just use the drivetrain for your car....and then you can sell the rolling chassis

Back