Getting Expensive Highway Speed Vibration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm, you could have a worn out engine mount, a bad steering rack or worn cv joints. it could be one of 1000 things man.

common symptoms-
wheel/tire out of balance
bent wheel
improper tire inflation
bad wheel bearing
bad ball joint
blown shock
blown/broken bushing
cv joints
bad motor mount

unfortunately without driving the car, it's impossible to say over the internet.

my prelude did this..... i tried everything you did.........what was it? need new axles! just a thought......

Hello,

Any news this matter what caused the vibrations?

I have exactly the same problem with my Honda Accord 2.4 -03 CL9 (exactly the same as Acura TSX). But I also feel a small wobble from the front end when accelarating around 1800-2200 rpm in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear. I have changed only the driver side drive shaft but with no luck... I heard that the driver side were more abused.. so I wonder if I should change the other side as well.

WTF?!?! you thread jack after its been 3months...

then you bump it 3 months later again... holy fail!

Thanks for the input, especially from the Fuhrer :) Yes I know it not the best practice to steal the thread, but since I had the exact the same issue as TXPTuff I thought I had a go to hopefully get a reply back from him how he resolved it.

But I hope that someone else might have an idea. This is what I have done so far.
I have changed rims and tyres, rebalanced everything. Had a four wheel alignment done, but it was perfect already. Checked the the wheel bearings via grabbing the wheel around the clock, no movement. Have checked the bushings in the front, nothing abnormal. Replace the driver side CV-Joint, didn't help.

So right now I don't know If I should change the right CV as well... Have been a bit burned with all this sh..t and all the money spent on useless parts.

But one thing I notice the other day when having alot of stuff in trunk 30kg and full tank where that the vibartions were a lot less significant but still there. Does anyone have a clue if that points to CV or bad front shocks or something else..

Sorry if the english is bad, live in Sweden.

Back