Getting Fired Sucks!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Bitch, I got Fired today!!! Now i got rent due in like 2 weeks and i need like 400 dollars for rent and bills. Oh well, working for CoCo's sucked anyways. Guess i need a real job.

That was the first time i ever got fired. The damn manager has been playin games with my schedule for like 8 months cuz she doesn't like the fact that me and my girlfriend work together, and she's the one who hired us, bitch:axe:!! When i finally got pissed and went to the District Manager, he told them they better fix the problem, and he told me i wouldn't get fired cuz i went to him. Now a week and a half later, sure enough, My ass is FIRED. :wtf:

I guess the only reason i wroote this is cuz i'm pissed. Anyone else ever had this happen??? I was told i can go to the labor board and put in a complaint, maybe a lawsuit, i don't know. Oh yeah, BTW I'm in San Diego. Any one know any jobs for someone that's in college???

--thanks--
:fuckyou3: CoCo's Sucks :fuckyou3:

dude, its a job, not a career. be happy its gone, cuz now it will force you to get a real job.

if you're in college, look for a job in your field. Having a year of part time work or more in your field when you leave school and are in the job market will give you a leading edge over anyone else who had just like a 4 week internship.

Dude that ain't nearly as bad as my day went.

Today I found out a lot of shit on my car isn't working still! and yeah my mom's minivan seized on the highway, had to be towed home, and yeah she is fucked on having a car until beginning of september, so I might be ending up selling my car to help her out and yeah get back on her feet with a car so she can go to school and be able to drive it without hurting her with her disease(pompei's). So yeah, my day owns yours.

First off Halcyon :fuckyou: and no thanks, but i get your joke

Second i can't work in my field cuz i'm barely starting my second year of college and going for a medical degree

Third, my rex is running like shit, anyone know if the fuel pumps go out a lot, also where is it?

Shitty Day

Ha ha, all in fun...

My girls going to med school, you should actually do what I do and be an EMT or work in a hospital as a tech, because it will get you into med school and you will get experience, and earn over 10 bucks an hour...

Originally posted by senate_9427@Jul 15 2003, 01:15 AM
Second i can't work in my field cuz i'm barely starting my second year of college and going for a medical degree

yeah you can. get some desk job at like a walk-in clinic or something for billing or something... its still in the field

What state are you in? In PA we have a 6 month/two days a week/3 hours a night or a one month full time during the day gig. It's probably pretty similar. What looks even better on your app, gets you better experience, and pays a hell of a lot better is being a medic, you'll make 15-18 an hour around here. Unfortunetly they just moved to a 2 year course in this county. A lot of that stuff varies though.

I should mention too the pay rate varies VERY widely from area to area. Medics get paid real well out in CA from what I understand, EMT's get paid better then usual around here...

It really is a joke of a job though. I worked last night, was on a truck driving a medic, 12 hour shift, had one call which might have taken 45 minutes from the time we left to the time we got back including tons of time at the hospital BSing with people. Thats it, I was on HS and fucking around online pretty late, and just went to bed until 7 when I got up for school. Good job to have while your in school... :D

Oh I should also mention at most places you can become a JAFO (Just Another Fucking Observer) which still looks good on your med school apps, though not quite as good. They will give you a first aid/cpr class which takes like 3 hours and then you pretty much come in whenever you want and just kinda tag along and help out. You will learn a good deal, and you make your own hours since its volunteer. Bad thing is, its volunteer, so your not getting paid! And I know you need your motherfuckin movie check. :p

I got sent home last night cause I was running our attempts, up, god i love flying through MCI's data, they didnt fire me it was like, ya you suck, leave.

so i take it youve been there for a while. id defanitely go to an unemployment office, not only will they help you find a job but you can get free money if you can prove the reason they fired you wasnt legit.

as for slammed, move out.

It sucks being fired. Slammed89... sorry to hear that, your day ownz.

Here's my story:
I worked at a Telecom company. They knew I was leaving to go to college, and my car was in the shop at the time, so I had to rely on others (mom and my brother) to drive me to and from work. They fired me for 5 tardies (3 in the morning and 2 from lunch). I told them I didn't have a car at the time, and I called in at least 30 minutes before my shift to let them know. Plus I'm calling the college I'll be going to on my lunch break asking them about receiving test scores and such.
The Hiring Manager asked "Why didn't you make the calls on a break?"
WHY?! So I can be caught using the phone on non-business related calls... NO!!! There's no telling how long you'll be on hold.

I think they fired me because:
1) they knew I was leaving to go off to college
2) If they waited a week, they would have had to pay me for my vacation time (2 weeks worth: 2 year anniversary on 7/02)
3) I'm not white

I know a lot of people will flame me for the 3rd statement, but I've got reasons. Now I'm not saying that every place is like that, but the place I worked at is. (at least my former supervisor and her manager are).

1) This other girl called in every Monday for 2 months and never showed up, but she still works there (she's white)
2) Another girl is late every morning (I mean eeeeevery morning) and they give her a warning (she's white too... different girl than the one above)

I'm not, in any way, trying to excuse the fact that I was late, I know that being on time is everything when it comes to a job. Sometimes shit happens and you can't help it.
Oh, well... 3 more weeks, then it's off to College for something in the Medical field (they're never out of a job). I hated that job anyway...

File for Unemployement !!! Depending on how much you made a month, here in Oregon you can claim up to $250/week !!! I claimed unemployement for 7 months.

Originally posted by karnash+Jul 15 2003, 03:22 PM-->
MokujinX5
@Jul 15 2003, 02:58 PM

3) I'm not white

uh maybe it's because they are girls and not because they are white. anyways, being late to work is a legit reason to be fired.

when i was outsourcing few ASP projects to freelance programmers i told them from day one, if you miss a deadline you are fired, period. i don't care who died, how many car wrecks you had, if your computer breaks, or how tough your life is.
4 projects later no one has missed a deadline :)

I got fired from an ice cream store I used to work at because some bitch who I worked with who did not like me said I egged her car when I was not even in town. I was so pissed, but I don't care now.

Back