Getting my first rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, sorta wish it did have a sunroof, but meh. Can't get ahold of the kid today, so we'll see where this goes.

Didn't get it. Pretty glad actually. I like that little car.

So heres an update: Got the pedal assembly in, got the car running, and all is good right now. That starter was a pain in the ass with the crossthreadded bolt. I can't imagine what it'll be like if we have to change it. Luckily the starter is in good shape, so... I hope it lasts. I got a mugen bodykit in the mail a while back. It was off of a hatch, so the front bumper wouldn't work, but I do have the side skirts, rear bumper, and door caps. The front end is in really rough shape. The core support is bent up pretty bad, it needs a new headlight bracket for the pass side, and I think my upper balljoint is going bad on the passenger side as well. It does have a bad mount, and I'm gonna have to check out which one it is. I don't have a whole lot of money right now, I just recently moved to college, and I've been out of work for 2 weeks now. I got a job driving the bus, but I don't start for another 10 days or so. I think when I do start, all my money for the next 2 months is going to go into my tuition, so I don't have a whole lot to play with till maybe summer.

On the bright side, the kid with the hatch wants the fenders off my car, and is going to trade me his. They're painted that orange color, but my car can't get too much uglier anyway. Got a place to put it for the winter, it's a parking garage, so it's mildly exposed, will be right in front of the sportster, so it should fit in there pretty well though, and I can throw a tarp over it if I really wanted to.

The accord is rotting, if you stand on the drivers side rear where the door opens, you can hear the cracking. It's only a matter of time. I jacked it up the other day on the lift point and it just pushed right up into the body. It oughtta last me till the summer though. Just not gonna put a whole lot of money into it. I really don't want to make the crx a dd, for 2 reasons, 1 Ohio sucks in the winter. It kills cars, and 2, I dont feel it's reliable enough yet. Haven't really gotten a chance to lean on it. So it's going, just very slow right now. I'm really just playing a waiting game I guess.

I believe that they chemically formulate the salt to have microscopic rabies domos in it, that feel on the steel in on or around your car.P.S. GTFO INDIANA!!!!! We have both the worst economy and the worst weather. 100 percent shitty with a chance of rain. 80 today, 59 yesterday, snow tomorrow. don't be trying to steal the 2 things we're famous for. Next thing you know, you'll be talking about how you state used to produce the most steel in the country... theiving bastard...Please don't get offended by that, it was just for lolz y0.

Well, I came across this today looking for a pic for brad, so I guess I'll update it. I'll probably end up making a build thread eventually, but for now this will suffice.

I've been away from the car for a while now. Got the pedal assembly in, got the starter grounded out, and I think and hope the battery is dead now. I, like an idiot, sold the back bumper, because I thought the other one I had would fit. Turns out it's off of a hatch. So now I'm stuck without a bumper, I paid way too much for that body kit, and can't even use it. If anyone needs a faux mugen kit for a hatch lemme know I got it all but the front bumper I'll sell it cheap, or even trade for Crx parts.

Does anyone know if you can drive a car without the plastic bumper cover? I need to get it into a garage, but I don't have a bumper to put on it. I also need side skirts. I took the madd Ryce ones off. There are a few rust spots where they drilled out the holes for them, so I'll have to fix that too. I'll get pics eventually. It's not going very well right now, but hopefully soon I'll be back on top of the game what with my job training being almost over, I'll be making enough money that I can fix the poor thing. I wanted to do a JDM everything on it, but I think right now I'm just going to go ahead and do it all USDM for money's sake. Maybe later I'll pick up a shell and start a conversion, but that's later. Also, my front passenger wheel is leaning really bad, and I'm afraid it's structural damage. I haven't gotten a chance to jack it up and check yet, so we'll see. I think for the rest of the year I'm just gonna get a tarp and cover it up. Been a rough year i suppose...

i drone my crx with out a front bumper and hood for days. Hell i even drove it without fenders while they were getting sprayed.

i would say your ok if you HAVE to move the car.

Back