Getting my first rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm in for pics (duh, lol). and while everyone might have steered clear of the loser you were apparently working the trade with, we should all congratulate you on getting your first rex. it can't be that bad, i've seen some real turds. you wouldn't have fallen for one of those...right? :D

we'll just say its a diamond in the rough. nothing some jdm bodyparts, some elbow grease, and turnsignal fluid can't fix.

Congratz. Welcome to the addiction. May it haunt you the rest of your life.

Congrats on the purchase -- patiently awaiting pics of the newly acquired beast.

I took some pics today at work, im not a photographer,so you guys will hate me, but the pics look better as far as paint goes. I'll post em when I get home tonight.

The Monster symbols were a surprise just for me.
bf260z.jpg

the closer you get the worse it looks.
2nqhdom.jpg

the front end is really bad.
14bt0mt.jpg

gills.
2rel83l.jpg

tar all up in the pillars. self installed (cracked) windsheild
2u94qxw.jpg

the back looks nice except the giant ass fart cannon. Damn its loud. First thing thats gonna go except the monster symbols.
b698bb.jpg

No antenna
1qhm4k.jpg

rusty pillar on the driver's side, when i get the windshield installed, I'm gonna see if they'll let me sand that while it's out.
s124pj.jpg

interior is fair. button on the clock has to be pushed in to work. pillar gauges: volt meter (fml) and a/f ratio
312u1jm.jpg

again, pillar gauges.
2qictah.jpg

scruff mcgruff is a bastard.
o5vp1c.jpg

faux swede?
nboh7t.jpg

battery relocated. Sway bar.
141p1r4.jpg

battery
wuhr93.jpg

someone pushed the hood down while it was on the stand. Hard.
j5lgkl.jpg

Spaghetti anyone? this thing needs 2 wire tucks.
2gtwzko.jpg

"did you out the oem intake back on?" "uhh... yeah." gets in the truck and drives away
2w6dw1c.jpg

Last edited:
It need some help, but I'll do the best I can. As some of you may know, I work at a movie theater, and we're getting transformers in 2 weeks. The manager is a graphic designer student, and is going to make a stencil of a decepticon symbol. I'm going to paint over the black with more black then put that on for the time we have the movie. Another employee has a 76 bug we're gonna put an autobots symbol on. Then I'm looking for some OEM front end parts. I'd love to go JDM, but I can't afford 1500. I'd even love to get a mugen kit with the jdm headlights fenders, corners and hood. If anyone has any part outs, please let me know. I need a lot. Give me feedback, be honest, but not offensive plz. Its the best I can do. I think it was a pretty good trade. Only problems i've had with it are the clutch is really stiff (I'm used to a hydraulic, but it's still really bad.) theres a couple springs squeakin when I depress it, so that might have something to do with it. and the gas is really touchy. i can't find a nice smooth acceleration. The tach doesn't work right all the time, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it only works between 3 and 4 and sometimes it works perfect.

All Crxs are touchy. My Rex jumps when on gravel or even if u tap just a bit...................It's like jello.

I feel like such a ricer truckin around town in it, but it uses so little gas, and its so fun to drive.

this (look in the quote for the bold) is what tells you that you made the right choice.

oh it could be all kinds of worse i'm relieved with the pictures, actually - you did a good thing, getting this rex. it's a bit of a hot mess with the rust but hopefully that can be sorted out (i doubt it will sand out though). if you give it love and $$ it will give you years of kicking ass.

:thumbsup:

yeah, I might have to get the pilars fixed. it needs a lot of here and there, but there are a few things that are here and now. I believe the front pass balljoint is going, the tranny mount may or may not be, and it seems to be having a little electrical trouble (ie lights dimming, heater blowing harder at some times) and I think its getting a little too much fuel. maybe a bigger pump to make it go fastar!!!1#! or a plugged injector. im gonna give it a good look over tomorrow, paint the black on the hood black, and maybe a cd player? you know its love when your day off turns into your rex day. oh, and the damn clutch. theres gotta be a stiff spring or something. I don't think the cable is rusting. I drove the accord for the first time in a few days cause it doesn't set off car alarms, and I almost stalled it a few times. that clutch is like butta.

/crx dissertation

the clutch is just differant because its vable..if your that worried..pour some lube in the housing of the cable and work it back and fourth..then get under the dash and spray some silicone psray on the pedal and work that..
needs some work(like 90% of the rexs out there)

Well I wouldn't be so worried about it, but it is stiffer than I would expect. it creeks too, so im just gonna check it out and lube it up.

The noise is probably just the spring on the pedal assembly. You sure it has a stock or stock replacement in it?

That's what I meant to check today. I'm getting used to it though. I'm gonna go check out byron's honda heaven tomorrow, scrounge around and see what kinda parts I can find. hell, I really don't even know what I need. I didn't get nearly what I wanted to done today. more tomorrow.

you don't need a real mugen kit. there are a lot of other brands you can get that look just like a mugen kit. heres what i would do....

1) 90-91 front and rear bumper
2) pull the sideskirts off. it probably has the oem ones under them.
3) sand the bitch down. get rid of all the yellow. primer and prep it.
4) get some oem headlights and some clear jdm corners
5) clean up the interior. get some ls integra seats or something.
6) get a stock exhaust. you can find one for free or less than $50. or get a stock muffler. i dont' know what is on the car currently.
you can do all of that for less than $500. when it comes time, get some wheels and a maaco paint job. (i've had 2 civics painted there. turned out great. you just have to inspect it before you drive it off the lot. you are encouraged to do that.)

get some si wheels for it.

for under $1500 you can make it look pretty sharp. just be patient.

If you do want some Si wheels I have a set you can have for cheap ;x. I don't think you'd be ridiculous far away from me.

Anyway, def get that thing preped and primered. In for some progress!

Back