Getting my first rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I, sir, will hit you up with a pm when im on a real computer.

as far as the body goes, id really like to get jdm parts for the front end. they have fenders on ebay for 130, but the damn shipping is 99 and theres no pick up option. id gladly drive to fuckin kansas to pick up some fenders then pay waay too much for shipping and not be able to get my hands on them for like 2 weeks. Id take a regular hood right now, but id like to get a cf one. nrn though. I do need an inner headlight bezel on the passenger side, which I just considered, would I have to change that for jdm headlights?
anyway, the maintenance man where I live has a paint booth I can use when I'm done with everything. He'll show me, then teach me how to do it. I like the color on it. I know its a sin, but I do. it needs redone though definitly.

95, mugen look alike would do just fine. I know there were a couple folks on here that had them still on their car, they were willing to part with, but it seems that they didn't have front bumpers. I think it was trin and hondadude.

it was injen. where is the little bugger? :D I like the turn signals that go around the side of the bumper, unlike wil's. (see pg 2)
painted the hood the other night. I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow.

note to you
jdm fenders are USED and will not come to you in very good condition
the sheet metal is generally tossed about in the containers where ever they can fit it
buyer beware, unless you can go pick it up i'd probably avoid shelling out big bucks for it

the ones I was looking at were refurb, but I see where you're coming from. I just don't wanna pay out the ass period. some of the kits I've been seeing on the internet are pricey as hell. its a lot more than I would have expected.

don't fux with fiberglass kits, waste of money and you'll be pissed when you hit a chipmunk and the whole front of your car shatters in a million strands

i may have mentioned this story but we had a fubar delsol hit in the front that we put back together with a urethane kit on the front, the kit was fucked, but we took it off and let it sit for a day and it untwisted itself and came back to normal shape overnight

jdm front ends are a lot of money for something most people won't even notice, and generally will not improve resale value too much

word.

get an oem bumper and a lip. you'll like it wayyyy more.

crx63.jpg

yeah. I love the hood though, and then its a vicious cycle. gotta have the headlights for the hood, then it looks better with the longer corners, but you can't have the long corners without the fenders. idk, I really like the look of them, but I suppose you get what you pay for trying to go cheap.
I like that one, but that's still just the bumper. its a little low too, but they prolly have hella drop springs on that one.

Man, maybe the CRX fenders are different US to JDM but the civic ones aren't. The corners fit just fine other that the arms that you screw into the headlight housing are longer.. therefore work better with the JDM headlamps. I have a set of stanley clears on my gray hatch with US lamps/fenders, looks and fit fine.

So you have usdm headlights with jdm corners? did you have to do some drilling? Like I said, I like the longer headlights on the jdm, and the hood.

Like I said, I like the longer headlights on the jdm, and the hood.

So do I, but I needed new corners to get rid of the crappy after market ones it had on it. They had rust stains all over them because they were 88-89 style. I now have a JDM bumper and a pair of fenders I picked up on the cheap but I haven't painted them yet and they aren't on the car.

They "fit". The fenders are not the issue. It is how they attach to the head lamp itself. I should go take a pic of them. When it's light out I will.

Yeah, I understand that the arm is longer, but how did you get it to fit? If you were to change the headlamps, would you have to get the bezel behind them too?

Yeah, I understand that the arm is longer, but how did you get it to fit? If you were to change the headlamps, would you have to get the bezel behind them too?

I'm not sure if you have to change it or not. It seems to me 99% of the ones I see being sold do not have them with it, if that means anything. The clip and the plastic you screw into for the corners are on the headlamp itself not the bezel or w/e.

ok, I thought you were talking about the little plastic arm that comes off of the corner lense and is bolted onto the piece of metal that holds the headlamp in place and allows you to adjust it.

ok, I thought you were talking about the little plastic arm that comes off of the corner lense and is bolted onto the piece of metal that holds the headlamp in place and allows you to adjust it.

Shit, you are right. I'm going to bed. I'm to tired to think straight and need to get off my comp. Like I said I'll take pics tomorrow.

Ok, here you go.

Here is a USDM 90-91 set on my blue 90.

DSCF7066.jpg

Here is a JDM 90-91 (well 89-90) set on my gray 91.

Here is a shot to prove that they are stanley JDM single bulb corners.

DSCF7075.jpg

The two clips on the fender match perfectly as well as the long metal piece on the headlight housing. The difference is the screw place they are actually a bit low. In the first pic I have it lined up because I bent the metal where it screws on. The second pic is how it would normally be.

DSCF7071.jpg

DSCF7074.jpg

Here is also a couple of pics of how the line up on the outside.

DSCF7068.jpg

DSCF7069.jpg

DSCF7076.jpg

DSCF7077.jpg

I'm sorry for the slight miss info as it has been awhile since I put these on. But, as you can see they fit.

Those don't look half bad, but my problem is the tab on the headlamp housing is broken off on the pass. side, so I need to get a new one. I went through 5 rexs, and 20 efs the other day, and they were either different, or the screws were so rusted they rounded off when I breathed on them. so I was wondering since id like to do a conversion anyway would it be easier, but seeing the prices im not sure now.

Well if you decide you want those Si wheels I also have an extra set of usdm lights with the housings. The lights themselves are trash but the housings probably aren't. Again I will need to stop at my shop to see. They have been in a box and out of sight for awhile.

awesome. thanks. I'll probably take you up on that. unless I find a decently cheap jdm set. hell, the only place I can find that even has crx jdm parts is password jdm.

Back