Getting new wheels...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Falken Ziex ZE 512 205/50R15 $48 Each
ze512.jpg

Falken Azenis Sport RT-215 205/50R15 $71 Each
azenis.jpg

Falken Azenis RT-615 205/50R15 $90 Each
azenis_rt615.jpg

Kumho Ecsta 711 205/50R15 $52 Each
ecsta711.jpg

Kumho Ecsta SPT $68 Each
ecstaspt.jpg

Ecsta Supra 712 $70 Each
ecsta712.jpg

Yokohama ES100 $70 Each
es100.jpg

Im going to be getting new wheels soon. The wheels are 15" X 6.5" I believe, is it safe to run a 205 with standard 40mm offset? Also, what should I get as far as the profile? I want to remain as close to stock (ratio) as possible so it doesnt mess up my speedo too much. Currently on my sedan I have 195/60R14's. Let me know which tire you recommend.

Of course Price and treadwear weigh heavy, but I want something thats going to perform really nice but not wear out really fast.

Im a tire n00b, and yes I searched.

Thanks guys!

205/50/15

the 512s suck
the 215s are good but kinda suck in the rain
the 615s are good and are supposed to be better in the rain
the 711s suck
the SPTs are good and are good in the rain
the 712s suck
the ES100s are pretty good and are decent in the rain

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 9 2005, 01:07 AM
205/50/15

the 512s suck
the 711s suck
the 712s suck
[post=551790]Quoted post[/post]​

It never rains in Arizona... lol.

Thanks for the input. Have you used either of the tires? Also, Ive ridden in a hatch that had a b16 with the old 215 Falkens on it. (195/60/14 i think) they were decent. I do know they suck in the rain.

And with your input, if any one elses agrees... the Falken Ziex 512's, Kumho Ecsta 711's & 712's are out

s-03's, BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 or try the kuhmo mx :) Are you just looking for an everyday tire though?

I liked my 711's... they didn't last very long but they were cheap and sticky in the mean time. Most people on this site are spoiled with their $750 a set tires...

I have the Azeni 615's and I like them alot. You will be hard pressed to break them loose and they have held up surpisingly well for a 200 wear tire.

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position - 205/50WR15 - 138 dollars each

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 - 205/50WR15 - 98 dollars each

Kumho ECSTA MX - 205/50WR15 - 80 dollars each

and that is from overpriced TireRack.com. You can get some pretty good deals though like i saw 205/50wr15 s-03s go for 93 bucks each last year. Overall... 500 tops for tires. But just think though, you try and save and spend 200 dollars on crappy tires, that is the only thing keeping you on the road... crappy tires. I bought 711's once and they were teh worst tire ever. The tread life blew and i started to get some sort of tread seperation after 2 months. Out of all 3 of my choices i like the BFGs just because i liked the original kdw. :thumbsup:

Im trying to stay under $80 a tire. The tires are basically for everyday driving, so tread wear is more important than how stickey the tire is.

for what you do witht he car, i'd go with the spt's. bill ahs 'em on the bimmer and they are pretty dang good tire

You might want to look into the Sumitomo HTR Z tires.

They are only $52 a tire at TireRack.com.com, and are very good from my experience. TireRack.com rates them pretty much the best you can get for dry traction.

*Not sure what the treadwear is. *

id go with the spt's, cuz i bought a new set of azenis 215's like 3 months ago, and they are already pretty bad. not saying they are a bad tire, its just they wear too damn fast, or i could just have a fucked up alignment.

Bri what can i say everyones going to tell you different it's all personal opinion but I will say F#$@ Kumhos I have had them and I HATE them. I have heard good things about the new Azenis though maybe try those other than that teh AVS ES100 are SEXAY :p
I have the Parada Spec-2's and I like them alot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 9 2005, 11:30 AM-->
for what you do witht he car, i'd go with the spt's. bill ahs 'em on the bimmer and they are pretty dang good tire
[post=551906]Quoted post[/post]​

Ill check em out, I dont have time to surf right now... But Ill look at em.

Car duties: to and from work 5 days a week 43 miles each way. so tire noise is important and tire wear is important.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 9 2005, 11:35 AM
You might want to look into the Sumitomo HTR Z tires.

They are only $52 a tire at TireRack.com.com, and are very good from my experience. TireRack.com rates them pretty much the best you can get for dry traction.

*Not sure what the treadwear is. *
[post=551912]Quoted post[/post]​

Treadwear rating is like 6.6... i have no idea what the treadwear is going to be. I know the new Azenis is a 200.

Originally posted by ef9civicgen4@Sep 9 2005, 12:37 PM
id go with the spt's, cuz i bought a new set of azenis 215's like 3 months ago, and they are already pretty bad. not saying they are a bad tire, its just they wear too damn fast, or i could just have a fucked up alignment.
[post=551939]Quoted post[/post]​

Long time no talk. How's everything going? The reason the old Azenis wear out so fast is becuase they are soo sticky. I dont think you have a bad alignment or camber issues. Its just the treadwear rating. I think all 3 Falken tires is out. The SPT's treadwear is like a 360 or 380. And at $68 a tire, that's way under my $80 a tire.

integraslut78
@Sep 9 2005, 01:11 PM
Bri what can i say everyones going to tell you different it's all personal opinion but I will say F#$@ Kumhos I have had them and I HATE them. I have heard good things about the new Azenis though maybe try those other than that teh AVS ES100 are SEXAY :p
I have the Parada Spec-2's and I like them alot.
[post=551956]Quoted post[/post]​

Ill probably to the Yoko ES100's ($70 a tire... not bad.), becuase they are pretty. Although it's treadwear is 280, not much better than the Azenis 215 or 615.

Thank you everyone for the input.

trust me dude, get the spt's.

i'm not a khumo fan at all. everyone knows this. but for what you are going to use the car for, its the best choice.

sporty, yet very daily drivable, high treadware, cheap price, and could still hold their own at autox.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 11 2005, 12:27 AM
trust me dude, get the spt's.

i'm not a khumo fan at all. everyone knows this. but for what you are going to use the car for, its the best choice.

sporty, yet very daily drivable, high treadware, cheap price, and could still hold their own at autox.
[post=552566]Quoted post[/post]​

totally forgot about those. and @ $68 each, thats cheap.

yoko es100

i have a few friends with them on and they are nice... i have the 215's on my civic right now...

Kumho Ecstas are good tires. I got em on my 93 DX on some Motegi MR-7 15" rims, with the profile cut for the 1 inch increase in rim size. They grip great, and are fine in the rain. They grip good around decent bends in the road at upwards of 60 mph, but with the shitty stock civic weight distribution and suspension, the body roll and rear wheel hop make it unsafe to do that very often. Tires didn't lose grip though. Haven't had them in the snow yet.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 9 2005, 02:07 AM
205/50/15

the 512s suck
the 711s suck
the 712s suck
[post=551790]Quoted post[/post]​

E the 512s just plain old suck, or suck for auto-x, my boss has a set on his 03 vw gti and has had no complaints as using for a daily driver.

I've had the 712s for almost 5 years now, 90% daily driver, 15% aggressive driving, 5% auto-x , I stick to the road doing 80-85 through an aggressive left hander , (exact location for the CT folks, exit 68W to 691 from I-91/RT15) can't say I have any complaints. except they completely suck in the snow, you ain't going anywhere in the snow, hell Icould get out and push the car in the snow better than they drive in it.

Back