Giant Series of Quakes Hit Japan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow, this tsunami actually did some damage to the santa cruz inlet piers! Crazy this quake made a tsunami to do damage here in the bay area!
I saw that on the news a little bit ago... they're evacuating ventura and pismo I think... telling them to go more inland

i have quite a bit of friends that are from Japan. so far most are accounted for and their families are okay, but communication is difficult so still waiting to hear from them on more news...

Not yet, they are near Kyoto. Should be safe, the wifey will call when they should wake up soon.

My brother is in the Air Force and is stationed and Misawa AFB. We havent heard from him and we are worried sick. Ive been watching the news all day and it has just broke my heart. Please keep him and everyone else in your thoughts and prayers.

My brother is in the Air Force and is stationed and Misawa AFB. We havent heard from him and we are worried sick. Ive been watching the news all day and it has just broke my heart. Please keep him and everyone else in your thoughts and prayers.

Contact the Red Cross. they are going to be your best point of contact in regards to the safety and well being of your brother.

other than that, i would simply call the closest air force base and have the operator transfer you to the misawa operator. it will be a local call if they transfer you. you wont have to pay for the call to japan.

My god, some of you people are heartless. Does everyone understand how fucked this country is ? Financial crises, And those buildings were meant to stand during an earthquake : Much of them are still total losses, even though they are standing.

The building codes there are TOP NOTCH for this sort of thing. It could have been millions dead if not for their forward thinking. Many pictures don't look bad, but looks are deceiving here. This will destroy Japan for years to come. A country that produces that much is more devasted as days go on where they can't continue to work. Work shortages will come, food shortages, water.. All of that goes QUICK in an urban environment like that.

My best wishes go out to HSers out there, in the Philippines, and all surrounding areas. And to Airjockie's family. I hope everyone is safe and secure.

I have family in Japan, Phillipines, and smaller islands(don't know the countries). I hope they're all alright.

Contact the Red Cross. they are going to be your best point of contact in regards to the safety and well being of your brother.

other than that, i would simply call the closest air force base and have the operator transfer you to the misawa operator. it will be a local call if they transfer you. you wont have to pay for the call to japan.

they say all phones are out over there and the best way to contact someone they said is through email, or social networking this was via cnn

resists urge to comment on the Japanese people's built up tolerance for radiation...

jk, that sucks.

resists urge to comment on the Japanese people's built up tolerance for radiation...

jk, that sucks.

even if you're "jk," i feel that's pretty insensitive; ditto for doubleSi and his pic of the bomb. if youve seen a documentary about how destructive the abombs were, you wouldnt even think twice about a joke, less a "jk" remark.

anyway, there are two trains full of people that have gone missing according to the AP........ god help them be okay. nothing worst then "status unknown."

Back