Giant Series of Quakes Hit Japan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Everyone needs to go to Jeramy for their fortune's and lottery numbers, because he can predict the future.

If mixer trucks start showing up they are in a very bad way. I really hope that the stop gap measures that have been put in place are effective. The last thing the people of Japan need is the fear of a nuclear meltdown.

This was posted less than an hour ago.

By Shinichi Saoshiro and Mayumi Negishi – 52 mins ago
TOKYO (Reuters) – Japanese engineers conceded on Friday that burying a crippled nuclear plant in sand and concrete may be a last resort to prevent a catastrophic radiation release, the method used to seal huge leakages from Chernobyl in 1986.

i heard about the sand and cement this morning on the radio as their next step to stop the widespread release of radiation

also heard... "minuscule amounts of radiation have been detected in CA"

It was discussed on the news japan should consider "the Chernobyl" approach to resolving the situation.

I like how last weeks' "the event" used Chernobly into their plot line. Makes you re-think what might have REALLY happened there :p

Take this for what it's worth, but my wife asked me to post "thank you" to you guys for whats been said here. You might not be aware of what you said, and the impact that you left, but just the common comments that she read here let her knew that we cared. :)

wow. there's just something horrible about seeing all of that.
they were'nt just buildings......I'm sure many people got caught in that.

:(

not to be a completely insensitive douche or anything...

but knowing how Asian people in general are with cameras... is anyone really surprised that ANYTHING happening in Japan is "the most recorded ______ ever"

Back