Gingerman 8-13

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98integrals

my brakes are FUCKED.

if you ever plan on going to the track make sure u have good brakes before and money to by new ones after:

P8140059.jpg

P8140063.jpg

so yeah, u can prolly tell from looking at my pads that my rotors are also fucked.

oh well, it was SO worth it :D. highlight of the night was catching up to a 911 turbo and passing him :eek:. then a few laps latter watching him go by me at like 110+ into the 1st corner and go strait into the grass :lol: :)asshat:).
P8130040.jpg

P8130041.jpg

P8130042.jpg

there was a 91(ish) hb with the ex (sohc vtec) swap there, and a zc crx. neither were anywhere near as quick as i thought they would be, i completely owned them in the straits...not that my car is fast by anymeans but still i was hoping for more of a fight from them.

this was also the first time i got to test out my new suspension mods (AGX/ITR rear swaybar)... and i must say the oversteer was almost excessive. it was controlable deffinantly but next time im gonna have to play around with the shock settings and try to balance the car out some more cause it as getting kinda crazy towards the end.

here are some more pics:
P8130036.jpg

P8130047.jpg

^brakes were getting kinda warm

the rest of the pics are here
a few more of the brakes

so i had to go to autozone after work today and get new front pads/rotors. 2morrow they go on then next week im goin back to the track.

:worthy: road course "racing"

and here is a pic of the track i was at
trackspecscolor.jpg

ginerman race way, south haven MI.

Looks fun, man. I doubt my cars will ever be reliable enough or ready to tangle with ANYTHING on a road course. Sweet shit.

been doing events like this all summer
its a fuckin blast
nice track
glad you had fun (turning is good :D )
as for brakes ive had VERY good luck with brembo blank rotors and hawk HP+ pads (3 track events, 3 autoX, lots of spirited driving) they still look new

i went to autozone and got ones with a warranty :D . so when i bring them back in 3 months and the look like the pictures up top ill be like your brakes fucking suck, give me a new set.

also, i was running wilwood hi-temp 570 brakefluid. i HIGHLY recommend it. it cheap as hell ($6/12oz bottle). only draw back is its still dot3(28x dry bp), so you will be flushing out your brakes more often than if u were to go with a dot4. but even with the glowing rotors i didnt have any brake fade :worthy:

So Jack, who did you end up going with? Anyone from TI. I cant wait until next april 27. I will be 18 so I will be able to race.

i went by my self :( . my brother was there to take pics and stuff but couldnt drive cause hes only 17.

i might be goin on tuesday w/jeff if he goes.

Originally posted by 98integrals@Aug 15 2003, 10:44 PM
my brakes are FUCKED.

P8130047.jpg

^brakes were getting kinda warm

the brake glow says it all. you could light a cig off those rotors :D
much respect man. IMO hondas are better for autox than drag.
I plan on joining the autox crowd once beef the susp. and score some coke for the hood hamster :lol:

fuck waiting man. get out there and do it.

it was fun as hell when my car was stock, modifying it didnt make it more fun, it just made it not last as long ;)

Damn looks like shit loads of fun. The brake glow says it all...

It couldn't have been fun unless something was broken or burned up. :lol:

One of these days when I get my suspension set up the way I want it I'm gonna try to find an autoX track close to home.

My setup (if I had time to install it all) is as follows:

Front:

KYB GR2 gas struts
Sus tech 1.5" lowering springs
Ractive upper strut tower brace
(I want to find a 7/8" inch lower front sway bar)

Rear:

Quikor 1" rear sway bar (specialty buy)
KYB GR2 gas struts
Sus tech 1.5" lowering springs
?? upper strut tower brace

I'll prolly keep my stock 15x5.5 rims on Goodyear rubber for any autoX event, but I want to run 16x6 Mille Miglia HT3s on Kumho Ecsta 712 rubber for the street.

For autoX, you want your front sway to stay stock. This means your car will have a rear bias set up and you can get your back end to rotate a little more. In autoX, oversteer OWNS.

Find a corse quick, this weekend is the last one for the season in detroit.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 22 2003, 02:40 PM
For autoX, you want your front sway to stay stock. This means your car will have a rear bias set up and you can get your back end to rotate a little more. In autoX, oversteer OWNS.

Find a corse quick, this weekend is the last one for the season in detroit.

Not necessarily stock, but you'd want to keep it the same size, and the sway bar I want is the same size as the stock bar on my car. ;)

fuck that, take off the front swaybar :D

and GR-2 are basicly oem spring replacements. nothin super special about them but they are pretty cheap.

lol nice avatar now. I like it.

GR2's are basically stock strut replacements, not the springs themselves & they allow for the lowering and make the ride a bit more firm (in other words bumpy) But I will finally be able to take corners without the 2" gap of no feeling in my steering wheel. (alignment's fucked to no end)

I got the set of four for 85 each I think...it's been a while since I bought them.

why would you get a new sway that is is the same size? Do you know what determinds it's stiffness? Its diameter. Fuck spending money on a front sway that will do the exact same thing. Spend the money on a rear sway.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 23 2003, 05:24 PM
why would you get a new sway that is is the same size? Do you know what determinds it's stiffness? Its diameter. Fuck spending money on a front sway that will do the exact same thing. Spend the money on a rear sway.

I don't want to get a thicker front bar over the rear bar, that will promote understeer, I want slightly more oversteer to autoX.

I am spending it on the rear sway bar, but I've heard of sway bars popping off under stress on my car, (it's an American car mostly...shit breaks easily) and since I would get all the bushing/mounting supplies etc I know it would good as new.

so if a front sway bar makes understeer why do people want it on?? doesnt a front wheel drive car have enough already?

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Aug 23 2003, 02:01 PM-->
asmallsol
@Aug 23 2003, 05:24 PM

I don't want to get a thicker front bar over the rear bar, that will promote understeer, I want slightly more oversteer to autoX.

I am spending it on the rear sway bar, but I've heard of sway bars popping off under stress on my car, (it's an American car mostly...shit breaks easily) and since I would get all the bushing/mounting supplies etc I know it would good as new.

from your last post, it sounded as if you were going to take off your stock front sway and replace it with one the exact same size bar. For the rear, yes you do want bigger. For the front, Take it off/disconect it. Over steer is fun.

Back