Girl needs help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baccidamorning

Hi! I'm taking a more attentative stance on the auto culture since my boyfriend and his friends continue to talk more and more about cars.

I have some questions. So this LS/VTEC talk is all about purchasing an Integra LS motor, keeping the block, but taking out the head and replacing it with a VTEC head, like from a B18C or a B16? Am I correct? From reading the other posts, the LS has more torque- is that why people choose to use the LS block? Why don't I ever hear about people using a B16 block with a GSR head?

Also, let's say i drop in a B16A2 into my ek hatch [1999]. The exhaust manifold connects with the downpipe, to the muffler. If i drop the si motor in, and decide to change the exhaust system, would i buy a B16A2 exhaust system application or a hatch application? I would think that i would still purchase a hatchback exhaust system, but having dropped a b16 would change the exhaust manifold size, no? Do you boys know what i'm trying to say? :(

hi. . . first question is that you in the avatar? second question. . . are you hot? . .. third . . . do you need a personal automotive tech?

and a bout the swap question . . . using the b16 manifold and the hatch exhaust is the way to go . . . thena muffler shop may have to make a slight adjustment for you.

Welcome to hondaswap.

Im taking bets on how long it will take before the e-pimping starts. :D

if that is her in the pic....damn!!

bout the first question, people buy the ls block cause its cheaper, and if they have an ls integ already, even better....

1.8l>1.6l more displacement = more power

If thats her in the pic i know this thread will go at least 5 pages. Wait till everyone else gets to this post. lol :thumbsup:

thats not her, dont get your pocket-protectors in a quivvel (wow, havent used THAT word in a while....)

im sure its just some anime or movie or other avatar.

i think she should post a pic of herself to let us know what she looks like.....

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Jul 18 2003, 05:53 PM
and a bout the swap question . . . using the b16 manifold and the hatch exhaust is the way to go . . . thena muffler shop may have to make a slight adjustment for you.

the B16 manifold may be too short to clear the oilpan on the LS block :unsure: ... i think you might need to use the header for a B18.... and then yes use the exhaust for the hatch and have an exhaust shop fuck with anything that doesnt quite fit right

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Jul 18 2003, 05:11 PM-->
Originally posted by karnash@Jul 18 2003, 03:10 PM
brc80
@Jul 18 2003, 05:09 PM
Pic's, Pic's, Pic's

i would have to agree, this thread is USELESS without pics....

Come on, she's asking a relevant question. Start a thread over in Anything Goes, or else this thread gets it!! :ph34r: :lol:

:cockblocked:

and you leg humping bastards wonder why you never see any females on here .... its because as soon as they say hi, 30 of you jump all over their ass

leghump.jpg

word.

a b16 block with a gsr head is rather useless. you still have no torque and you have a lower compression ratio due to the size of the combustion chambers...

I am guessing around 7 pages before it gets out of hand, or it just dies and then someone will bring it back to life like all the other relentless threads.

Welcome To Hondaswap, I am the local Ricer.

I would probably say use a b16a2 header, and run a ek hatch exhaust, but you would have to use a muffler shop to make it so it would work exactly because they collector on b16a2 header is different from the stock one.

You guys are funny. Yes, that is me in the pic, although I returned to my natural hair color, black. Dying my hair damages it too much. Are you guys joking when you ask me to post pics for replies?

Ok, so I just posted an hour ago? and I got some replies yay! haha. Thank you for those that replied.

As to the compression ratio... isn't it good to lower compression? Don't aftermarket parts lower the compression ratio? The guy above that talked about the b16 block and b18c head seems to be implying that a lower compression ratio is not good?

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jul 18 2003, 05:44 PM
and you leg humping bastards wonder why you never see any females on here .... its because as soon as they say hi, 30 of you jump all over their ass

leghump.jpg

:werd:

I don't think you'll be seeing her again anytime soon, now go get some kleenex and wipe your keyboards off ......bunch of geeks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back