1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl needs help

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Baccidamorning, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baccidamorning

Baccidamorning Junior Member

Hi! I'm taking a more attentative stance on the auto culture since my boyfriend and his friends continue to talk more and more about cars.

I have some questions. So this LS/VTEC talk is all about purchasing an Integra LS motor, keeping the block, but taking out the head and replacing it with a VTEC head, like from a B18C or a B16? Am I correct? From reading the other posts, the LS has more torque- is that why people choose to use the LS block? Why don't I ever hear about people using a B16 block with a GSR head?

Also, let's say i drop in a B16A2 into my ek hatch [1999]. The exhaust manifold connects with the downpipe, to the muffler. If i drop the si motor in, and decide to change the exhaust system, would i buy a B16A2 exhaust system application or a hatch application? I would think that i would still purchase a hatchback exhaust system, but having dropped a b16 would change the exhaust manifold size, no? Do you boys know what i'm trying to say? :(
  2. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

way cool a chick is into racing and ACTUALLY knows what the fuck she is talking about....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to you !!!
  3. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG

hi. . . first question is that you in the avatar? second question. . . are you hot? . .. third . . . do you need a personal automotive tech?

and a bout the swap question . . . using the b16 manifold and the hatch exhaust is the way to go . . . thena muffler shop may have to make a slight adjustment for you.
  4. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Welcome to hondaswap.

Im taking bets on how long it will take before the e-pimping starts. :D
  5. vpSPOONsol

vpSPOONsol Senior Member

if that is her in the pic....damn!!

bout the first question, people buy the ls block cause its cheaper, and if they have an ls integ already, even better....

1.8l>1.6l more displacement = more power
  6. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

Im taking bets right now that this thread will go on for AT LEAST 5 pages.....

Any takers?
  7. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

If thats her in the pic i know this thread will go at least 5 pages. Wait till everyone else gets to this post. lol :thumbsup:
  8. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

thats not her, dont get your pocket-protectors in a quivvel (wow, havent used THAT word in a while....)

im sure its just some anime or movie or other avatar.

i think she should post a pic of herself to let us know what she looks like.....
  9. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Come on guys, at least whore in the Anything Goes forum. Answers the lady's question and don't scare her off. :p :D
  10. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Pic's, Pic's, Pic's
  11. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

agreed
  12. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

i would have to agree, this thread is USELESS without pics....
  13. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Come on, she's asking a relevant question. Start a thread over in Anything Goes, or else this thread gets it!! :ph34r: :lol:
  14. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator

the B16 manifold may be too short to clear the oilpan on the LS block :unsure: ... i think you might need to use the header for a B18.... and then yes use the exhaust for the hatch and have an exhaust shop fuck with anything that doesnt quite fit right
  15. sloazcrx

sloazcrx Senior Member

:cockblocked:
  16. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator

and you leg humping bastards wonder why you never see any females on here .... its because as soon as they say hi, 30 of you jump all over their ass

[​IMG]
  17. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

word.

a b16 block with a gsr head is rather useless. you still have no torque and you have a lower compression ratio due to the size of the combustion chambers...
  18. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss.

Media:
    Albums:
    I am guessing around 7 pages before it gets out of hand, or it just dies and then someone will bring it back to life like all the other relentless threads.

Welcome To Hondaswap, I am the local Ricer.

I would probably say use a b16a2 header, and run a ek hatch exhaust, but you would have to use a muffler shop to make it so it would work exactly because they collector on b16a2 header is different from the stock one.
  19. Baccidamorning

Baccidamorning Junior Member

You guys are funny. Yes, that is me in the pic, although I returned to my natural hair color, black. Dying my hair damages it too much. Are you guys joking when you ask me to post pics for replies?

Ok, so I just posted an hour ago? and I got some replies yay! haha. Thank you for those that replied.

As to the compression ratio... isn't it good to lower compression? Don't aftermarket parts lower the compression ratio? The guy above that talked about the b16 block and b18c head seems to be implying that a lower compression ratio is not good?
  20. luVTEC

luVTEC Senior Member

:werd:

I don't think you'll be seeing her again anytime soon, now go get some kleenex and wipe your keyboards off ......bunch of geeks :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.