Girl with a sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sol chick

I just bought a 94 del sol si. I am lookin to swap the engine. To make a long story short, I have about 8K to spend on the engine. If you were in my shorts.... <_<..... how would you spend this money towards the engine. Which engine would you get and so on. I am not looking to race this car I just want a car that can get up and go in a hurry but stay street. Any opinions would be awesome! Again, what would YOU personally do if you had my car and wanted to swap engines.

b18c1/b18c5. Quick and should handle great. b18b if you just want something a little better than that d16z6 you already have.

Originally posted by sol chick@Jul 28 2003, 01:59 AM
I just bought a 94 del sol si. I am lookin to swap the engine. To make a long story short, I have about 8K to spend on the engine. If you were in my shorts.... <_<..... how would you spend this money towards the engine.

if i was in your shorts, and had 8 grand to play with, it would be a fun, fun night.
:lol:

anyway, i think your best bet is a b18c gsr.

This might sound dumb, but please bear with me and correct me if I am wrong, but when there is a number after the c.....like the 1 and 5.... that means they are American motors? Also....sorry that I dont know all this im sure its pretty basic....but what is the diefference between the two. Oh yeah, one more thing, where would be a good place to get an engine from. Any good websites, ect.?

yup-

b18c = JDM GSR (also refered to as B18C SiR-G)
b18c specR = JDM ITR

b18c1 = usdm GSR
b18c5 = usdm ITR

Thanks for the info. I am still a little in the dark. whats the difference between the GSR and ITR and don't the usdm motors have less power? If im correct its only like 5 hp but then again its like 5 hp.
Im assuming since you recommended these engines they fit with no prob into a sol?

itr has more compression, a better head, better cams, better intake manifold, better tranny, etc etc.

if you can afford it, its worth the cash over the gsr.

they all botl righ tin

What are the differences between the usdm and the jdm engines, besides where they are made. I have heard people say the jdm motors are better than usdm. Is this fact...or fiction?

Also if I were to throw on I/H/E what would the torque and hp run....approximately? Sorry Im so full of questions but this site is the best place to get answers on this information.

jdm motors have different pistons and stuff...

one is not really better than the other, other than the jdm motors are deisgned to run on better highger octane gas. so, they come stock with higher compression and such.

some jdm motors are beat, some us motors are shot. its all about who you buy it from.

Thanks again for the valuable information. A basic site question, if i have more questions do I just keep asking on this post or do I make a new post?

Where are some recommended places to purchase engines?

Originally posted by sol chick@Jul 28 2003, 03:15 AM
Thanks again for the valuable information. A basic site question, if i have more questions do I just keep asking on this post or do I make a new post?

Where are some recommended places to purchase engines?

use your own discression on that... if you think its a new topic- make a new topic :p

as for places where to buy, hmotors is good, also look at our advertisers as well.

If you have more questions that are pretty general, go ahead and keep asking them here... but feel free to start new threads if you want to have a more in depth discussion on a particular topic. You've started this thread here as pretty much a general topic, so ask away with whatever you want.

Don't we have an engine vendor list somewhere?

Back