Globalization in Information Technology

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

smarty009

So i am in a seminar class this semester...and i have to come up with two topic proposals by wednesday...ughhh...i dont know what the hell im gonna talk about...lol...anyone got any ideas out there?

some of the topics he has listed are:
WiMax
3G/4G
Municipal Networks
Voice over IP
Cyber Security
Identity Theft
Spyware
Copyrights
Sexually-Explicit Material
ICANN
Internet Access to Public Material
Outsourcing and Offshore Services

or Pick Your Own Topic...so if any of you have any ideas...it would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance

How about Wi Max, or line of site (microwave) network communication. VoIP would be a pretty good one as well. Especially with the new Wi-Fi handsets comming out being able to use them any where you have a wirless connection.

yea...i was thinkin about voip for sure...now i just have to decide what to talk about it with them...and find some good sites to reference

Do yall think this sounds like a good VoIP proposal?

VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol)

VoIP is growing rapidly all over the world. Starting as a very useful tool with small to medium sized businesses, VoIP is making its way to the retail stores for buyers to make use of this in their homes(1). This is not necessarily a replacement for the traditional telephone system, but is predicted to have replaced 50% of the Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) by 2008(2). The primary method of use with VoIP would be with broadband connections, so it will be much easier for cable companies to market this to the public, as those with cable connections are already using a broadband connection. Telephone companies will get there, but not as fast, as they will rely primarily on a fiber connection, which has not reached the popularity yet that cable connections have reached(3).

1)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Residential VoIP Growing Worldwide
2)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Networking Pipeline | VoIP Is Killing Traditional Telephony: Report
3) [FONT=&quot]VoIP Growing Astronomically[/FONT]

yea...i thought about Bluetooth...but i had a class a couple semesters ago where there were like 5 or 6 Bluetooth presentations...im kinda tired of Bluetooth...hahaha

just turned in my two proposals online...

i decided on VoIP and WiMAX...thanks for the advice guys...i think i found some good material on both of them...so whichever one i get stuck with...im sure ill be ok ;)

Back