GM promoting SUV's with gas price cap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

because they now have an incentive to drive gas hogs, at 2/3 the price we have to fucking pay.

id do it if i was looking for a new car...and lived in one of those two god forsaken states.

I actually like the new impala :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Consumers wouldn't get any credits if gas prices fall below $1.99

:bustout:

Seriously though this is like putting a bandaid on a 3 inch deep cut, I don't think reasonable people will buy into it

In reality, although it sucks to be paying these prices - spread out over a year its really not that big of deal because its not a lump sum payment. If it were a lump sum than the economy would have already bottomed out.

$1.99/gal for one year, and you have to sign up for onstar. And the gas break is based upon your driving habits. So basically, sign up to have big brother watch everywhere you go, and you can get $4/tank off.

Not a HUGE deal in my book, but still kinda cool.. Not bad if you lease cars.

Quoted post[/post]]
$1.99/gal for one year, and you have to sign up for onstar. And the gas break is based upon your driving habits. So basically, sign up to have big brother watch everywhere you go, and you can get $4/tank off.

Not a HUGE deal in my book, but still kinda cool.. Not bad if you lease cars.

you lose the internet. Gas here is $2.78/gallon. If I were paying 1.99/gallon in my fat ass 22 gallon tank, I'm saving alot more than $4.00 Try $0.79 PER gallon. .79x22= $17.38 per tank. that is SIGNIFICANT. They say we average 20,000 miles a year, which I think is a crock of crap (I do at least 50k/year) But it is an average, and grandmas who drive to church on sunday are included in the formula.

Anyway, even at 15mpg (just a guestimate of these big SUV's Gas Mileage) You are using 1,333 gallons of gas each year. 1337x.79= $1,053.07 Fairly good incentive there if you ask me.

I make roughly 35k a year. so that represents 1/35th of my income saved. not to shabby if you ask me.

From a marketing stradigy, its a great motivation to buy these cars. However, its a slap in the face to conservationists, EPA, ect. Instead of making cars that get good gas mileage, they come out with this.

FUCK YOU GENERAL MOTORS.

But here is the funny thing and this plays on the dumbasses of the world.

If you buy one of these cars that gets 15mpg and you only always pay 1.99 a gallon...

in 20,000 miles, you use 1333.3 gallons = $2653.33

If you get 40MPG and lets say gas is 3.50 (thats about 70cents higher then the average around here)

in 20,000 you use 500 gallons of gas = $1750

If you get 30MPG at the same price

in 20,000 miles you use 666.6 Gallons of gas = $2333

So to the dumb asses of the world, buy into this, and still pay more at the pump in a year

Back