GMail Notifier

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
anyone else have this? i think its pretty neat. its tells you when you have mail right on your desktop withou thaving to open the browser and check.

my question about it is this. when it notifies you of your mail, it pops up a small window and tells you who its from, the subject and part of the text. this window stays open for only a few seconds and makes a sound. now i know that this sound must be a sound file somewhere right? well would it be possible to replace it with a different sound? i want to replace it with the sound file from Euro-Trip that goes "Mail mothafucka!" is this possible? is this doable without having to re-write to program? just curious, just thought it would be funny to do that and every time i get an email for my computer to go "mail mothafucka", lol.

but if anyone has gmail and doesnt have this, id recommend it. its pretty neat, i like it.

I have that Mail Mothafucka thing on my computer...I can't remember where the file is to change, too tired to check it tonight, I will look for the directory tomorrow. Do you have the file already downloaded? I had to download it from some german website.

Maybe the sound is contained inside the program- and then you wouldn't be able to change it if there wasn't some option for it.

do you have it on the gmail notifier thing? and the file i have is wav format and you can tell its ripped from the movie. is your file that way too? id like a real clean version if i could.

i figured it out :) theres a faq page for the notifier, and it told you how to put in your own sound :) so it works now. i love gettin mail motafucka!

Yeah, there is a directory, where you change the "new mail" file to whatever you want. It was easy, right? :)

real easy. control panel->sounds->"new mail notifier" then browse for the file you want.

that program hasn't been able to log in for a few days now. anyone else having the same problem? i've got the newest version and have been using it for months w/o a problem.

Back