GMC Jimmy Help....I know its in the wrong place

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
What is this part called the one with the little yellow mark?

How the fuck do I replace it?

I think its a 95 or 96 GMC Jimmy/Chevy Blazer.

gallery_28741_116_19326.jpg

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 13 2005, 09:20 AM
gallery_28741_116_14559.jpg

[post=486573]Quoted post[/post]​

that is called a belt tensioner and to replace it you take the serpentine belt off the you remove the bolt in the middle of the tensioner pivet the round part that has the yellow mark not the one on the pulley. you only nee to remove one bolt.

let us know how it goes.

no special tool? How will I know when the deflection (sp?) is correct.

Samn I was hopiong maybe getting around taking the belt off...lol

I gave up.....

LMAO, I spent like 5 mins on it. I dont even think thats the problem, my father wanted me to replace it. And it sure as hell seems to be working fine for me.

It has a surging idle...how would a belt tensioner relate to that.

Any ideas, I'm supposed to fix it...I dont think I will though

haha, replacing the tensioner will do absolutely nothing for a surging idle.

are there any codes? what size engine is it? doesnt really look like a vortech, but those are notorious for the spider web (industry term for the injectors) to go bad. thats just a common problem with em, but it could be alot of things...

I was thinking of a fuel, vacuum or spark problem...which leaves alot open

Its not mine.

but its a 4.3L Vortec

No codes

Irratic surging idle points me to vacuum leak. I have a lot of experience with Chevy small block v8's both carb'd and fuel injected. 4.3 uses 90% the same parts as a small block v8 and is not that different. Check the vaccum lines under the air cleaner as well as the lines leading to the brake booster/master cylinder. You'll notice if something isn't where it should be. Belt tensioner should not have anything to do with the idle.

If he's dead set on replacing it, use a breaker bar on the bolt on the tensioner pulley, use the leverage from the bar to raise the pulley, move the belt out of the way, remove the tensioner's bolt and then just reverse the procedure to reinstall.

You really need to find out what year it is. If it is what I'm thinking it is, its probably the spider injector or the nut kit. Yeah I now a stupid name for some supply and return fuel lines. This only applies to I believe 91-93 4.3L if its a 94-96 they had all kinds of fuel delivery problems namely injectors, fuel pumps and regulators. A picture of the intake plenum would really help me determine the style of fuel injection it has.

Back