go cart turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman1100

My homemade go cart turbo topic got closed with no explanation and i still have a few questions. I've decided to use a soup can for the exhaust housing and the top of a 2 liter bottle for the intake side. I'm cutting fan fins out of sheet metal but i'm not sure how i should shape these or how far to space them. i'm shaping them the same like the 2 liter bottle right now but how many should i have? i'm going to use some ball bearings for the shaft. i'll probably put a heatshield around the plastic so it doesn't melt. what kind of turbine design would make the most pressure? point out problems or add something. i want to do this and it seems possible.

If this is closed again, i'd like a reason and i won't post about it again.

Originally posted by Dman1100@Oct 9 2003, 07:59 PM
oh it'll work. i hope. it's a long shot but it would be awesome if it did work.

2nd worst idea ever

but you get one thumb up for wanting to turbo something :thumbsup:

if for some reason your home built turbo does spin up to make boost it will fall apart and shoot the turbo parts into your intake

turbos can spin up to 100K RPM theres a reason why they use such high tech gear to build them "aka computers making sure everything is JUST right" if not you will have a engine death trap waiting to happen

wont work
the clearences in a turbine are far to fine to be made from a pop bottle
why not just pick up a small turbo for 50 bucks and go from there

are you putting this on a 5 horse or something? your trying to polish a turd.

find a semi-truck parts place that is what I did and now I have turbos out the ying yang and they were free, Hey it didnt look like any one was using them! I found this nice Garrett M24 turbo both the exhaust and the compressor housings are M24 type the compressor blades are chipped a bit but their was about three of them so I got some spare parts. I also found another place to get them from for free its kind of a ghetto place but the turbo I got the intake for it is like four inches in diameter it HUGE! any ways try to find them its not to hard if you look! Good Luck

The reason that I think it got closed, is one, because it is damn near impossible, and two, it is so fuckin stupid.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 9 2003, 10:03 PM

The reason that I think it got closed, is one, because it is damn near impossible, and two, it is so fuckin stupid.

Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back