god damn z3 fenders don't fit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssl2k

damn it this pisses me off

just got my z3 fenders in the mail and they dont fit worth a shit

thy had 88 hf marked on themand i dont know if that matters from a 88hf to a 91 si but i dont think it does...but it is jacked they dont line up with the hood or anything. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dont think the fenders are gonna vary much but i could have told you they werent gonna fit worth a shit. anything aftermarket like that never fits for shit your gonna have to ream out the mounting holes and shave them and all kinds of good stuff to get the to line up right. sorry man but thats just the way the cookie crumbles with tiawaneese aftermarket body parts

"if it doesn't fit, get a bigger hammer"

It ended up that my drivers side was in some sort of accident and it was bent to shit, along with the passenger side, (from the hits, it had to of been 2 different accidents)

lol yeah they dont really fit that well but whatever i guess. they look half ass ... the body lines dont fit worth a shit there is like a 1" gap between the door and the fender.

fuck fiberglass it is fuckin bullshit

i have put to fuckin much money into this damn car and shit keeps breaking, the body work is horse shit.

I'm going to buy another crx and fuckin start over.

nathan

Im glad im nto a ricer and dont need body mods other than a 92 front bumper and JDM 1 piece headlights

WTF

Originally posted by battle pope's sig
full bodykit with Feelz widebody (reworked to be even wider)

SpodaB1 I'm glad your 90 honda places all the rest of the viewers in awe when you pull up to a light. But I am sure if you pulled along side me I could pick out some mods you really do need. Driving a gutted bucket is a crime. Go knock some other forum. What are you, twelve? :fuckyou3:

Ricer? I don't think so. Just because I want to change the apprearance of my car doesn't mean I'm a ricer. I have an overall design strategy, I have a good installer, and I have a nice paint scheme chosen. More than I can say for most people. And as long as you are picking at my sig, let me cover some other things that I'm sure are "incriminating"...

Yes I have an aluminum wing. I have it because I personally think it looks good on my car - I know it has no performance value.

If there is anything else that you, oh mighty god of import style, disapprove of, feel free to flame away. (sarcasm)

:roll:

you two newbies are really gonna awe the shit outta people with your stock sohc DX's.

this forum is more for PERFORMANCE, not for bitches who dress the shit outta their car.

btw Z3 fenders belong on a Z3. kthx.

Hey now - STOCK d15z6? I don't think so.. *points to sig* Edelbrock turbo kit... Then when the DX engine blows, I'm gonna put in a SOHC vtec from a EK.

So as you can see, I play both sides of the coin, not just ricer.

who did you get them from?

if they were cheap then you get what you pay for
i learned this as well...
cheap aftermarket shit will not line up like OEM...
live and learn

Originally posted by ssl2k@Jun 25 2004, 02:35 PM
damn it this pisses me off

just got my z3 fenders in the mail and they dont fit worth a shit

thy had 88 hf marked on themand i dont know if that matters from a 88hf to a 91 si but i dont think it does...but it is jacked they dont line up with the hood or anything. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:gayflag:

Ok, I'm glad to provide the first REAL answer in this forum.

The fenders, hood, nose piece and bumpers are very different from 88-89, to 90-91. Then, they are very different (more so) between the 4 door, hatch, and CRXs.

Lots of aftermarket people will put "Fits 8-91 Civic and CRXs." That means that they have ignored the fact that there are 6 different fitments between the years that they list.

Post up a pic of the fender, primarily where the hood / bumper and lights fit. That way, I'll be able to tell you what the fenders are for, and how to make them fit. You will need to cut / roll the fenders.

TurboMirage: Remember Greg trying to get the new CF-look fenders and hood to fit ? He's now got a complete Civic front end on his CRX to make it all fit. The goal was lighter front end, and his fenders are Z3 vented.

You may, if you want it done right, have to buy a complete front end for the car. I know Greg took about 1 month to get all of the pieces assembled to fit. Civic hatch hood, hatch fenders, and hatch bumper skin. Then the skin was modified to fit over the CRX bumper rail. Lights had to replaced as well.

-> Steve

Back