1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

god hates me

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civicious, Jul 2, 2003.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

ooookay, im already ear-deep in shit, so bear with me...i'm swapping a 1st gen B16A into a 98 civic...OBD0 engine into OBD2 chassy...which is a complete f*cking nightmare...i "converted" the b16 to 2nd gen specs (OBD2 distributor, throttle body, injectors, etc.), and got a guy to make me a harness that'd plug up to the OBD0 engine and OBD2 ECU, which looks like its gonna work(well, it all plugs in right without any problems)...now we come to the question part...i got my tranny today, out of a 1994 integra LS...not the best gearing, but has a better 5th and is more affordable than a GSR...i got it, and i seem to be missing what i understand to be a dust shield, and some sort of filter or sensor or something from the top-left(top firewall) side, thats kinda egg shaped...

1. what in the name of god do i need to buy now

2. this tranny is gonna work, right????

:whatafucktard:

2. Domeskilla

Domeskilla Senior Member

how did you change sensors that are on the block, over to obd2? also, you'll need 2 o2 sensors, or wire the 2 into 1 or some stupid shit like that. I forget.

2, the tranny will work, tranny is hydro, car is hydro. Your best bet was to change the car to obd1 and the engine to obd1. Not obd0-obd2.. but it seems you already fought the nightmare.

If you are cali, deem your car a pos and is now illegal. :) (just some fyi)

Dont know what else to buy, unless you list it in a list order, instead of bunched up in a paragraph (easier to read for the idiots like me)

3. word

word Senior Member

egg shaped..on the tranny casing? it might be the speed sensor, if i remember correctly it is oval in shape. you can use your D series speed sensor.

i just want to let you know that i did this exact swap in my hatch. i like the ls tranny because due to to lack of torque of the b16, i only race at higher speeds and it beats gsr swapped hatches. they'll be in 5th and i'm still maxing 4th. :D

a LOT of problems are gonna come up, everything that can possibly go wrong will. my car has still CELs, the crank angle/fluctuation sensor, the IAVC, and a O2 sensor. I am not gonna mess with the crank sensor, maybe i'll splice the o2 sensor down the road sometimes or weld in another o2 sensor.

its not gonna come out to be not much cheaper than a gsr swap, more than a b16a2/b16a sir2 swap though. but since you've already started might as well not let your efforts go to waste.

good luck and if you have questions, email me.
    chris

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I didn't bother to read your entire post, you should have went with your gen motor even if it is a 1g more. It makes things like this easy.

Milan

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Yes, god does hate those that put OBD 0 motors in OBD 2 cars. Stop while you are behind, and trade up for the right motor. If you come out of the swap without throwing a CEL as long as you own the car, I will be surprised.

6. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

dont worrl just take the bulb out and you got no more cel

7. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Bad advice, you may need that CEL if you have a real problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted