Goddammit...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
So the driver side headlight on my crx has a hole in it, where it looks like a rock hit it or somethin...I never paid much attention to it, but when I took off the headlights to paint it last week I noticed there was some rust inside the headlight, I assume from where moisture was getting in and such. So I hit up good ol' Honda-Tech, to try and find a new headlight.

:dry:

Yeah. I generally hate H-T, but you can find just about ANYTHING for sale on there. So I come across this guy's thread... http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1474613

And he just happens to have a set of headlights from a CRX...I send him a PM asking if he'll sell just the driver side headlight...He says yeah, and sends me this picture....
carparts001.jpg

Here's the PM from H-T...

(1:27 PM 1/12/2006) b.d.racing: Yeah I'll sell just the drivers side headlight. $25 shipped
(2:03 PM 1/12/2006) civicious: badass....couplea questions though...it's not cracked or chipped or anything, is it? got any pics? if you do, could you send one to william@hondaswap.net? and what's your paypal address? thanks mang...i've got $$$ in my paypal account ready to go
(2:20 PM 1/12/2006) b.d.racing: Emailed you a pic. There are no cracks and they worked when I took them off my car. My paypal is joshnewell@sbcglobal.net
(2:25 PM 1/12/2006) civicious: paypal payment sent....i put both my street and po box addresses, so you can ship either ups or usps or whatever you want...if you use usps use the po box and if ups use the street address...thanks mang!
(3:02 PM 1/12/2006) b.d.racing: OK thanks, should have it sent tomorrow
(6:49 PM 1/12/2006) b.d.racing: I did you one better and sent it tonight. UPS tracking #1ZR4R4760315801074. I had a problem though your address wasn't in their system. 141 S. Main Groveton, TX 75845. Its sent to that address anyways but if thats wrong then let me know and I'll talk to the UPS guy I deal with and he'll change everything for me. Thanks
(8:26 PM 1/12/2006) civicious: yeah, they always say that address doesn't exist. ups is fucking retarded. they deliver there every day though...it's a business office....i dunno what their deal is. thanks though, that's badass.

Some of you remember the problems I've had with my address...

Anyways...

The box came in and my dad got it and signed for it. I get home and open it, and this is what I find....
bustedassheadlight005.jpg

bustedassheadlight003.jpg

bustedassheadlight004.jpg

bustedassheadlight001.jpg

bustedassheadlight002.jpg

bustedassheadlight006.jpg

bustedassheadlight007.jpg

bustedassheadlight008.jpg

Yup. Headlight is fuckin' busted. I'm assuming it's UPS's fault, as well...

Anyone know where to go from here?

:mad:

did your dad mark that the package was damaged?

or did he just sign for it?

don;t you have any local salvage yards..?

He just signed for it and brought it to the house without opening it...

And I live in East Texas. You don't find too many Hondas in the salvage yards around here...

did you have shipping insurance? if not... then find a new light i guess. :shrug2:

Doesn't UPS usually automatically insure stuff for up to $100 or somethin? Whenever I ship somethin they always ask if it needs to be insured for more than $100....

Ok, just called UPS, and the bitch was NO HELP AT ALL. She said 'Um, well it shows the package as being delivered.'

Well no shit lady, I'm holding the fucking thing and telling you it's broken.

She then said that she can't do anything, because they can't file a claim on it immediately or some bullshit. She pretty much said 'Call back tomorrow and try again. Thanks.' and hung up.

Fuck UPS. Fuck UPS. Fuck UPS.

All they were wrapped in was a single piece of bubble wrap ?

Quoted post[/post]]
All they were wrapped in was a single piece of bubble wrap ?

Packaged with care by the UPS store....

consequently, I've seen at LEAST 4 advertisements for the UPS store on Speed in the last 30 minutes....

b.d.racing (4:26 PM 1/16/2006): WTF. Dude that is definetely not how I sent you the headlight. I know the guy at UPS I ship with very well and he'll let me know what to do. UPS has a minimum of $100 insurance so we should be able to take care of this. I am really sorry man this has never happened to any of my stuff. Was the bubble wrap not around the light when you got it? I still have the receipt and everything for this so hopefully we can take care of this. I'm really sorry
b.d.racing (4:39 PM 1/16/2006): Hey man I talked to my UPS guy and all I have to do is show him proof of what the lights worth and UPS will reimburse me. Also do not throw away anything in case they want to come out and inspect the damage although for something this cheap they probably won't. But anyways since I know it will be taken care of go ahead and give me your paypal address and I'll send you back your $25. Once again I am really sorry.

Good thing I didn't but it from an asshole...

We use UPS for 99% of our shipping at work... We ship 100-300 packages a day... Usually we get about 1-3 damages a month... But the funny thing is... Its never the $50 items that get damaged... Its always the $5k+ stuff that gets damaged...

Like when they dropped the box with $30k worth of stuff in it..> Yeah.. UPS wasn't happy about paying that claim out.

Th
en they shouldn't hire complete fools to work for them.

and will, congrats on the awesome seller, not many people on the net that will be cool like that...

and for a second there i was thinking it was god punishing you for the AL incident... :ph34r:

Back