Goddamnit

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I'm about to give up on this shit...I had the car runnin pretty good, but there was a slight surge due to the TPS voltage being too high..So i go to remove it it breaks...I buy a new one...i break it...I buy another one and install it, start the car and its "trying" to idle at like 200 rpm [yes 200]. Take it for a ride and have a MAJOR loss of power, not to mention my other TB just dissappeared (i hate my grandfather). So i start to tinker with it to see if i can find the problem...mess wit the map sensor and vaccum hoses, TPS (set at .5 closed voltage)..Then i get to the injectors, while the cars runnin (trying to idle at 200 or so) , i pull the plug closest to the distributor..nothing happens, then put it back, and pull the next one over..nothing again, i replace it and pull the next one and the car stalls, same with the one farthest from the distributor so im thinking this major loss of power is due to not enough fuel or something..I dunno im really stumped on this one..I'm bout to pull the fucker out and put it back in

check all vaccum lines, maybe take your DVOM to you injectors\harness to make sure your getting the proper voltage, check your rotor\cap plugs and plug wires. as for your idle check your vaccum lines, IAC valve

ight, im goin to replace the distributor cap and rotor later on today, although I think my IAC valve just decided to crap out...i disconnected the plug and nothing happened, no increase in rpm, no decrease. But I did check the 2 injector plugs that were apparently doing nothing, i got voltage readings varing (sp?) around 12.5 up to 13.1 (maybe im doin it wrong, probed the solid yellow wire and grounded the "-" probe).

I still have yet to test the injectors though, i did remove and clean them as well as their ports.

I removed the sparkplugs to check for spark, got nice sparks from all the plugs.

I still have a feeling this might be a fuel problem..because like i said...
i pull the plug closest to the distributor..nothing happens, then put it back, and pull the next one over..nothing again, i replace it and pull the next one and the car stalls, same with the one farthest from the distributor

This is really pissin me off, I had the thing runnin pretty damn good besides that small surge..I wish I had just left it that way and had it timed.

Let me know what you guys think.

Check your fuse box see if you blew anything, TPS are suppose to come calibrated. Why was your TPS voltage high? If you go adjusting other stuff your gonna lead to more problems.

Well since the one that came with my engine was broken it had to be replaced. Checked the fuses...nothing blown
the engine seems like its runnin off of 2 cylinders (it is actually). It didnt do this before i replaced the tps, im getting voltage on average of 13 for all the injectors (i dunno what this is supposed to be), .5 for the TPs, the idle air control vavle i didnt check the voltage but it does nothing when i remove the plug. All the spark plugs have a nice spark, and are new as well as the wires, theres a new distributor cap and rotor. again like i said the injectors are gettin voltage but i dont know about fuel, im going to try switching them around and see if that changes anything.

You know it sounds like your O2 sensor went bad, (Shitting performance, egg smelling fumes, funny idle)...

Check this one ---> IS your positive battery cable touching anything?

If nothing ever works ( I know ! try this (Kick the ECU BOX)

the battery cable is touching only the battery, i didnt check the injector plug ground (the yellow striped wire, I think since its gettin voltage when i probe the positive side, im gonna try splicing the ground and manually grounding it and see what happens) If this fixes it then my wire harness took its last shit and im gonna need a new one [obviously]

well, would an o2 sensor "lean" it out enough to only use 2 cylinders, thats a good start though, for 40 bucks I'll replace it.

tried, can't find what wires to jump, everyone just says search (still can't find it). So if someone could post a picture of the plug or tell me what it looks like I could check it.

its a blue plug 2wire plug and it is under the passenger side kick panel they are burried some times but its not to hard to find if you follow wires that come off the harness at ecu

didnt check the codes yet, but I checked the injectors, the spray is adequate which now leads me to think it's ignition timing, i guess I just try rotatin the distibutor a bit and see what I come up with?

Ight, maybe the firing order is fucked up, whats the order the plugs go on the distributor (i dont know how to word this...sorry), I need to know which plug from the distributor goes to which cylinder.

Before I say anything else I wanna give everyone who participates on hondaswap the right to flmae me without me havin a say in it....

I had mixed up the firing order, had the 2 plug wires closest to the distributor mixed up. WOW I feel REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid

Yup, now I can finally go to get the lower ball joint replaced. Maybe tommorow or saturday.

Back