Going all out this year...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
Basically this is it.

I've been seriously thinking this over, and its either going to happen or not.

the motor for the mirage is getting finished very soon. i'll be running SM at autox.

i want to hit up some major eventage, such as limerock and etc locally, and perhaps kansas for the nationals. im dying to run a national event.

the first events are probably going to be really bad with the extra power, seeing as im going to have to re-learn my car in a very short amount of time. im going to be looking into a full coilover system toward the middle of the year, and perhaps dropping in a dsm tranny in place of the 1.5 tranny/1.8 flywheel clutch combo.

toward the end of last season, i was really starting to out-drive the tires. i know i desperately need r-compounds, which i will be getting soon for my 14" wheels. its just frustrating knowing you can do better and not being able to.

i know im not normal, with a stupid mirage. if i wanted this, why not use a turbo dsm? meh. or a honda? nah. i honestly have never felt more comfortable on a course then behind the wheel of this car. trust me, i really really do miss my civic. im doing something really unique and not proven.

next winter will be the AWD swap, with my built n/a motor. i think its going to be something incredible.

this car will be my last build for a good while. if it breaks, ill fix it. if i wreck it, ill buy something fast out of the box and compete in a stock class.

the big event i want to hit this year is the scandanavian rally. matt had a real blast last year with his turbo GSR. its a steep fee to enter, and then drive there, and race, and drive back, but whatever.

various folks have driven the car on and off the autox track, and they feel its solid. so far, noone that has driven the car has been able to beat my own time in it. can you? :)

opinions/flames, as always, are wanted :mrgreen:

poser! j/p i think you have very high hopes for your car... and it is a good thing to set your goals high. Good Luck with it.

I'd say keep the car, but get a daily driver. The car has a history with you, and you'd might as well stick with it.
Do the swap, relearn the car - and don't touch the motor to keep it reliable. Stich weld it, cage it, whatever - maybe even a flashy paintjob - but don't stop beating the shit out of it. My opinion? Track whore.

As for the record - setup a controlled course, preferably a road course - and have everyone take a shot at it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd say keep the car, but get a daily driver. The car has a history with you, and you'd might as well stick with it.
Do the swap, relearn the car - and don't touch the motor to keep it reliable. Stich weld it, cage it, whatever - maybe even a flashy paintjob - but don't stop beating the shit out of it. My opinion? Track whore.

As for the record - setup a controlled course, preferably a road course - and have everyone take a shot at it.

yeah, hence why steveo's crx is going to be the stock-car DD. the motor is going to be nowhere near what it can handle. matt and i are going to get a rollcage at the same time :p

no flashy paintjob, and the controlled course? bristol autox :)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
why?

because i can :)

why coudlnt your Si beat a stock 92 dx with just suspension?

because it couldnt :wink:

Because I wouldn't beat on my car like you beat on your DX.. Put me in another DX like yours, and i probably would have matched or beaten your times... I didn't want to break my car... I ran my buddy's Del Sol S at an AutoX in TX... I was about 8-9 seconds behind his SR powered 240, and about 10-11 seconds away from a z06 w/ fiske wheels & R Compounds... Because it was a 1.5... And I knew I couldn't kill it... I beat the living piss out of it... :p

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
why?

because i can :)

why coudlnt your Si beat a stock 92 dx with just suspension?

because it couldnt :wink:

Because I wouldn't beat on my car like you beat on your DX.. Put me in another DX like yours, and i probably would have matched or beaten your times... I didn't want to break my car... I ran my buddy's Del Sol S at an AutoX in TX... I was about 8-9 seconds behind his SR powered 240, and about 10-11 seconds away from a z06 w/ fiske wheels & R Compounds... Because it was a 1.5... And I knew I couldn't kill it... I beat the living piss out of it... :p

you were more than welcome to beat the fuck out of mine :wink: and this year if you wanna roll come down and reg and run my car.

faith%20bust%20l.jpg

sorry, i had too

My sister had a mirage before her lancer, and when driving it, I felt as though the thing was going to tip over if I took a turn a little to aggressively. Those things must have the worst stock suspension known to the car industry. It was the biggest POS...

Good Luck.

I support you in all your ventures. Plus, you can be the needle in my ass to get out to the nationals. The NX will be autocrossable, but not trackable this year. not like I'm really racing it anyway.

Homey needs a prefab building, a parcel of land, and a Supra.

But hey, I say go for it.

Quoted post[/post]]
My sister had a mirage before her lancer, and when driving it, I felt as though the thing was going to tip over if I took a turn a little to aggressively. Those things must have the worst stock suspension known to the car industry. It was the biggest POS...

Good Luck.

YES and i totally agree with you. you ride very high in the mirage due to the seats/suspension. with the dsm seats and lowered/stiff suspension it rides like its on rails.

well, the car is dead.

13 year old fuel pump took a shit this morning. its currently getting replaced with my dsm pump.

Grudge match !

/me gets the popcornoh my god did I just IRC the forum ?

Back