going from D to B

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seanjuan

I was wondering if my stock d series fuel pump is going to be sufficient for the JDM b16 that is going into my car this week. I know it won't hurt it to be using the pump for the D motor. but would there be a big advantage in finding a fuel pump out of a 99-00 si or a vtec sol?

also, I'm probably going to put on the front brake setup off of the SIR2 as well, should I find a master cylinder from a 99-00 si as well? I plan on doing an integra rear disc swap one of these days as well.

You can most likely use your stock fuel pump, but upgrading it is good insurance. I would just go buy a big Walbro pump if you're going to upgrade. They're not that expensive.

Upgrading the master cylinder is a good idea, but not necessary. Keep in mind that if you upgrade the master cylinder and reservoir, you also have to change your brake booster. The bolt pattern between the booster and the master cylinder is NOT the same between your Civic and the 99-00 Si.

I believe that the R booster is the largest of the B's, it is a nice upgrade from the oem EG unit.

Milan

so if I go with a new fuel pump I should skip straight to a Walbro, and for the brakes stick with honda parts?

for the brakes I'd need a new master cylinder and reservoir as well as a new brake booster?
could I get all these parts off a teg as well?

thanks guys
I'm pretty pumped. I spent three hours at my mechanics shop today changing over the wiring harnesses and the motor should be going in tomorrow

Sean

Back