Going on 4 weeks... :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
I'm going to lose my head...

I'm stuck with a computer in the garage, and a laptop in the living room. For the last 3 weeks, I've been hitting refresh on everything I can to find the latest news or rumors on what the company and union are doing. I've even been blogging like crazy. Sure, I could go get a second job, but the refresh button has me glued to the internet. I try working on the car to get my mind off it for a while, but I glance up and see the monitor...and I go over and start reading the blogs...every hour for about 25 minutes. I can't get enough Corona, just cause I'm stressing out. The gray hairs are now gray streaks and I'm only 33. :cry:

I should be trying to catch up on building one car and doing something to the house, but I just can't get away from the damn computer...it has me under some kind of a freakish mind control machine. I crave any info for the latest news of the strike, any video uploads, pics, news stories, blogs and what not.

Also...I've had it with unions..after wednesday...I'll prolly cross if there is no good news. Tommorrow I go pick up the stipend check for $232 and a few guys from my shift have planned to go there to just to talk to an union representative...to find out what the hell is going on. They will have a meeting for the teamsters on wed, and the union will also have a meeting with the company wed. IF nothing comes of this, or no new news happens, then I'll resign friday, and return to work as a scab on monday...and prolly start life in a living hell.

I already have a few freinds that have crossed, and they say nothing but great stuff, and some disturbing things as well. Most of the rumors the blogs state, such as the company wants to do away with the union completely, and just have agency workers....is almost true. The outsourcing of certain shops...is mostly true. They even claim that the S-92 production and flight hanger will move to PA...and sadly...thats also somewhat true. I work on the S-92 in the flight hanger, and I got to much crap to move again, and the wife finally made some freinds in the area, so for us to move will not be an option. So I'm going nuts about what the final out come will be. Plus they are saying that some of the jobs done by the union guys have been tested, analized, and found to not take as much time as the 25 year+ old farts claimed them to be...so when most of them get back, their going to get layed off. A lot of trucks loaded with stuff has been leaving, and that not the stuff that normally leaves the plant. Helicopters have been flatbedded out of the plant...maybe for a show, or for good.

I'm just going nuts here. :mad:

It kinda sounds like the union skrewed everybody by having this strike. Now their jobs are being replace/moved/outsourced.

This sux - I hope everything works out dude.

http://forum.connpost.com/picketline/

one of the blogs I'm constantly monitoring...although,...it's full of bullshit and lame remarks, it sometimes pops a grin on my face...but most of the time...it's the only news that pops up.

Cross it...keep your job, get back on track.

you said you weren't planning on staying there forever anyway...fuck the union

Sucks man....I wonder if the strike forced the outsourcing - or it was already planned.

according to the rumors...the outsourcing has been planned...and with the strike happening...they can do it now without the union interfering. I'm leaving now to go get the stipend check, meet up with the rest of the guys from my shift, and were going to try to talk to the union guys to see what they have planned. Todays answers might make the decision I need to make.

i heard on NPR that everyone else that works for Sikorsky's parent company has already accepted the same terms your union is striking...

Earlier this week, George David, chief executive of Sikorsky's parent company, United Technologies Corp., said the company would "stand firm" in its insistence that workers accept the kind of health care plan that is already in effect for Sikorsky's salaried workers and at other divisions in the corporation.

The union, meanwhile, criticized the corporation's "effort to cut health care benefits for its lower-paid workers" despite "soaring revenues and outrageous compensation" for David. UTC this week reported that David received a 2005 pay package worth $53.6 million, including salary, bonus, stock options and stock options cashed in.

53.6 million? god damn...

i can see why the union has such a problem with this cut but it looks like a losing battle... :cry:

Why would anyone need to make more than $500,000 a year ? I mean really.. there should be limits :)

What can you do with 18 million dollars a year ?

Any car in the world, any home in the world, anything can be had when you make $500,000. You can make a great life for your family, buy all your toys and live well.

At $53mill you're buying football teams just for laughs. And that's a great way to help society.

Any car in the world, any home in the world, anything can be had when you make $500,000. You can make a great life for your family, buy all your toys and live well.

At $53mill you're buying football teams just for laughs. And that's a great way to help society.

are you sure you're a republican?

Republicans won't have me because I'm pro-abortion.

Notice I didn't say "Pro-Choice".

On the flip side, I'm republican because I can easily see their points - just that I'm not only not-religious - I'm a heathen. (I live upon a Heath too). I walk into a church and the holy water bubbles.

well, I didn't here anything good today, with the exception that the union leaders have a new proposal and are heading to the federal mediators office this afternoon. Two meetings at union hall on wed..and hopefully something accomplished by wed night.if Thursday no new results come back that sound possitive, then thursday night, I print out a union resignation letter and send it registered mail on friday. And call the company and see if coming back next monday is good. But I'll be going back to the military side, not the commercial side...and might get stuck there for a while.

The list of crossers is getting pretty long...in fact a lot of the guys that have money and don't need to cross are doing so, cuz they have other agenda's.

I kinda want my name on that list, so I can sue the snot out of the union for everything they got.

Back