going racing tomorrow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

i'm going to take my car out tomorrow to try and tune it the stupid way, on the drag strip. i'm acually ony going to try and get it running to about 6psi. i'm attempting to set up the equivelant of an vafc hack using an emanage and the profec e-01. i've got 370 injectors instead of the 450's usually recommended.

any advice on what to look for? i'm going to be doing major experimentation with the negative amount to set the injectors at, but i'm pretty sure i'll be able to set it to run equally. anybody out there have any experience with any of this, or any ideas on what i should be looking for? i figure pulling the plugs between runs will be the best representation of what's acually going on in the motor.

if anyone has any experience setting up the hack with an emanage and e-01 i would appreciate advice, and/or if anyone has ran the hack with 370's. i just want to know the boost capabilities of 370's without throwing the cel. to equal 450's i'll be running -27% up to -21% at high rpm's if my math is right. will this throw a cel for sure? since 450's throw it somewhere around 30% to 35%?

any advice is appreciated.

unfortunately, you probably won't throw a CEL, you will detonate from leaning out instead. maybe you might get a misfire code, but its doubtful.

i saw get up wicked early, and if you have even a narrow band o2 and an a/f ratio gauge, you can kinda ass dyno it on the street.

start rich. and gradually work it out. so, i say start with -30 to -25, and gradully cut a % here and there. listen for pop corn maker (the sound of detonation) if you pop, let off right away, and put a percent or 2 back in.

HTH

thanks. rich would be less of a negative value, right? i also thought about uping the fuel pressure a little to make sure i stay rich. what would be a good pressure? and, someone on another board mentioned that if i'm idling fine after i set the injectors back, that's probably a good place to start with. seems like it might idle fine anyway to me? any ideas there either?

They higher the positive number the richer you are running, and vice versa for leaning it out.

wrong. for example, -40% is leaner than -35%. think about it if an injector is running at -40% of what it can do, that is less than running at -35% of what it can do. think of 0 as stock. if you go poitive you will increase fuel, and the further you go into the negative the more fuel your taking away.

or, is that what your trying to say? after rereading your post, i think we may both be trying to say the same thing.

Back