going skydiving Saturday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

God, I want to skydive so bad. I can't even imagine the exhiliration of doing it. Best roller coaster times a million.

My parents used to Skydive all of the time. They said really the worst thing that can really happen aside from your chute not deploying is going into a spin/tumble. Outside of that, even if you panic chances are the school your going to has enough money to rig their gear with auto openers.

ok will i die from doing this?

a car battery is low enough voltage that it shouldnt be able to over come the 300+ ohms of resistance in a human body at a high enough amperage to be lethal

you will likely end up in a LOT of pain

and there is always the chance that you COULD die.... so if you are going to play with electricity do so at your own risk

probly a better idea to just get a stun gun and play around with that... those are specifically designed to be high voltage with VERY low amperage, so that they are less likely to be lethal... please note though that even with the low likelihood of death from a tazer or stun gun, there have been instances of people (generally with preexisting conditions) dieing from having them used on them

yeah sure... but you might be missing out on one hell of a rush

When I said that to a friend who's an instructor, he said, "You're assuming the plane is perfectly good. They don't always maintain them that well. What's the worse case scenario if it dies mid flight? You have to jump with a parachute?" I laughed my ass off.

Your friend sounds like they don't know much about flight. Unless you lose a control surface on your aircraft you would be able to glide it down to the ground.

San Marcos = College girls

<3. Texas State is a party school.

lol this is true, I'm about 2 hours south of Dallas right now at Tarleton, and it doesn't differ to much

Your friend sounds like they don't know much about flight. Unless you lose a control surface on your aircraft you would be able to glide it down to the ground.
It was a joke. Even I understand that concept.

As for a stun gun/taser, there is a rush involved. Kind of wish I still had one.

Well it went off without a hitch. The weather was great, although I don't know how you Texans deal with 90+ in October.

In any event, it's a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone considering it. Next go round I'll make the time to take the class and do a solo jump.

some would ask how you deal with 4 degrees in december...I unno, every house in texas has central AC. That makes living with the temps a lot easier.

some would ask how you deal with 4 degrees in december...I unno, every house in texas has central AC. That makes living with the temps a lot easier.

Not too many 4 degree days here. Usually in the 25-30 range during the day. The summers are normally in the 80-90 range, and most of us have central A/C as well.

I do like the warm weather, but my buddy in SA had like 55 days of 100's this year and that's beyond what I could deal with.

And it would be weird not having snow on Xmas.

definitely no snow for christmas in texas....we usually get it in march or april....go figure.

I'd settle for somewhere in the Carolina's. I don't mind the cold weather. It's the 85 one day 55 the next bullshit that makes me sick. Ohio sucks.

Congrats!

An on the weather... This will be my 28th Chicago winter... If I never saw another snowflake for the rest of my life I'd be perfectly fine. I want upper 80's lower 90's and no humidity, year round, for the rest of my life!

Fine, I'd be willing to deal with 60's and 70's in winter, but that's it. :ph34r:

dont move to dallas.

my 9am cigarette is was overcast looking like it was gonna rain and about 65 degree. i came out again at 11am and it was 90 degrees and super humid with little puddle everywhere.

Back