Going to be a daddy...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

other than the home schooling bit, looks like a solid plan :thumbsup:

everyone i know who was home schooled is just fucking odd

I think homeschooling can work as long as the child gets interaction with other kids. Sports, clubs and other orginized activities. Being well adjusted socially is just as important as the book smart stuff.

:werd:

I am a college recruiter actually, so I deal with plenty of kids on a daily basis. The home-schooled ones typically are wierdos, but I think that has to do with how the home-schooling is done. When it's done by ultra-conservative religious parents who's intent is to shelter their children from the "evil world", that's when the kid usually ends up as an oddball.

But like Drake said, if the kids get to participate in sports and socialize and all that, they usually end up okay. They're typically smart and well-prepared for college academically either way, but I think the social aspect of it really needs to be included for them to be well-adjusted.

Congrats by the way! Having children is the thing that I fear most in life...

Congrats,

1 things, how are you going to live comfortably with 3 people for 25-30k a year? 30k around here would barely cover 1 adult living on their own around here.

other than the home schooling bit, looks like a solid plan :thumbsup:

everyone i know who was home schooled is just fucking odd

yeah, i know. but we arent doing it for religious reasons, its bc we see what comes out of the public schools these days and i wouldnt want that for my child. my wife wants to do a lot of things like volunteering and stuff once the kid is old enough, and if its nice out, shes at the park. so the kid will be out and active a lot. we live in one of those big small towns where theres a lot to do and many different things to get involved in for children.

I offer you and your wife my congratulations brother. You'll figure it out as you go.

Let me offer you a perspective - Santa Claus is the spirit of Christmas and giving ans sharing - nothing more and nothing less.

I enjoyed the thrill and magic of Santa Claus as a child and now I pass that joy on to others - be it donations to save stray dogs or money for bicycles to children of needy families at Christmas.

58 years old and every December it's now my turn to be Santa for somebody. My group at work purchased and donated 6 kid sized bicycles to needy families this past year - there were 6 more smiling young faces in the world as a result. :)

You'll be a good daddy. :thumbsup:

our kid will know what christmas is. i dont believe you need an imaginary guy in the north pole to make them be good or show them that its about giving.
personally, i dont buy that bullshit about it being the time of year for giving, thats the time of year that the worst is brought out in people and selfishness is at its highest. we will be teaching that all year is the time for giving, and the holidays are a time to enjoy the presence of loved ones and get to see people that you dont get to see regularly. its about family and friends to me. relaxing and enjoying other peoples company and spending time with people. and big meals. lol.

you can give without it being under the guise of a fat pedophile that watches you all the time.
give anonymously, or just post that its from a stranger that cares. i think that would fuel people to be more giving later in life if they remember that a stranger gave them something that they cared about.

Congrats,

1 things, how are you going to live comfortably with 3 people for 25-30k a year? 30k around here would barely cover 1 adult living on their own around here.

we are cheap. thats about the only explanation i an give.
my wife and i both life right now on under 15k/year. we have our priorities, and we keep them in check. we get no assistance from anywhere and we do a lot of bargain hunting. with that 15k/year we have still managed to save and buy stuff that we want.

once we file our taxes and get approved for a mortgage we will be looking for a house in about the 100k range, in the nicest (most expensive) part of middle tn. which people say cant be done for that cheap, but i have already found a couple of great contenders.

just have to be willing to compromise.

if i made 30k/year, thats double what we both make now. bills are going to get a bit more, esp with a child, but nothing unmanageable.

Last edited:
Wow, 15k wouldn't even cover my mortgage, hoa fees, property tax and my fiances and my health insurance. That is very good if you can live that cheap.

we do what we can. sometimes it sucks, but you get over it.

im still able to buy new music stuff and shes able to continue with her hobbies.

our max mortgage would be about $800/month. that includes property tax and insurance. all of our bills (mortgage, utilities, car, insurance etc) added together would be about 17 to 18k per year.
12k per year spending money is more than twice what we have now for spending. by comparison, we'd feel pretty rich.
once her car is paid off that drops over 4k.

Wow. I can't believe this..... Maybe I should transfer down to a Tenn office and live it up.....

A studio is about 1k here. 800 for a crapppppp hole.

the studio that we are in right now is 575/month. and its pretty nice.
after we leave hes going to be making some changes and the rent will be about 650. but, the location is great and its really a nice place with a great landlord.

i couldnt imagine being in a place that costs that much, im sure there are perks, but you should come visit sometime. lol.

Back