Going to NTB for tire mounting? Don't.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

He thought they were Volks. He walked out and looked at the car and he muttered "Fuck."

I meant more so higher end/size.

Volks in 15s or 16x 7.5 or 8.5 cost next to nothing VS a 19 or 20" x 10.5" wide wheel

Either way, for any shop to buy a new $100.00 wheel or $800.00 wheel, its something that will most likely go through insurance and will mean the same outcome.

Another insurance claim no matter little or big.

Wal-mart here mounts tires with a chain saw. I had them mount a set once, and I found the rim of my alloy wheels (didn't even have a fucking lip to put a weight on) with weights hammered to the outer edges of all of them. Dinged them up horribly bad. I was furious and complained, turned them in to the BBB, etc. Nothing ever came of it, and I wasn't going to lawyer up and sue over a $800 set of wheels They knew it.

Its sad that you can't get rubber put on a wheel in this town without getting raped in the ass. Its not that fucking hard.

You had walmart mount some tires? that's bawlzy.

lol, i would never go to walmart for anything, ANYTHING to do with my car.

i worked at valvoline for a little while a couple of years ago.
we had one guy come through with a ford explorer, i had myself in the pit, with a wrench on the drain plug, a 3.5 foot massive breaker bar attached to it, and a girl up top pushing with me.
just to break the drain plug loose. it was fucking crazy.
and the last people to touch the car? Walmart.

lol, i would never go to walmart for anything, ANYTHING to do with my car.

i worked at valvoline for a little while a couple of years ago.
we had one guy come through with a ford explorer, i had myself in the pit, with a wrench on the drain plug, a 3.5 foot massive breaker bar attached to it, and a girl up top pushing with me.
just to break the drain plug loose. it was fucking crazy.
and the last people to touch the car? Walmart.

Exactly the reason the oil plug should not be the same size as the lugnuts.

I cant remember who changed the oil in my dads S-10 last (it was freezing outside and I guess he didnt feel up to it) but I couldnt even get the fill cap off. Now thats f'n rediculous.

Does this mean you wont try and talk them into attempting to change your 1000RR rear tire?

Nah. They can handle that. Its not a car tire or anything.

Seriously though, I have given it thought.. and I'm just going to fly it to the honda plant in japan to have it done.

Another anti wal-mart story: A friend's mom brought her brand spanking new expedititon into wal-mart for an oil change. On her way home the drain plug fell out, drained the oil, and blew up the motor. She said she smelled the oil but just figured they had spilled some on the exhaust or something and it was burning off. They bought her a new motor, but the mechanic they used botched the install, and it had all kinds of electrical problems after that, wal-mart pretty much told her to eff off, as did the mechanic. She sold it off.

Last edited:
Back