going to the track this weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the entire dizzy, plugs, and plug wires are practically brand new, less then 100 miles on all of it.

im running a b16 tranny. very short gears, near type r gearing.

What clutch are you using? Check hte plugs make sure they are good... not fouled etc... Not to be an asshole, beucase you dont run thet time you think the car is capable of... dont resort to blaming the car. It could be the driver

Brian

Originally posted by brian11to1@Apr 13 2005, 03:41 AM
What clutch are you using? Check hte plugs make sure they are good... not fouled etc... Not to be an asshole, beucase you dont run thet time you think the car is capable of... dont resort to blaming the car. It could be the driver

Brian
[post=486515]Quoted post[/post]​

True, but i doubt hes that bad of a driver to where his 1/4 mile times are 1 second slower than the car is capeable of.

Gsrcrx, check your timing and let us know how it goes.

you guys would hate racing in colorado (high altitude)
slower times, can't wait till the track up here opens so I can see what my crx runs
I hope in the 15's, 14's would be great, but doubt it, untill i boost it

those 60's are terrible too, get those into the 2.0's and you should see a big difference. Have you done a compression test, leakdown, etc. Also check your timing.

compression is 240, 230, 225, 230
timing is dead on at 16
changed the oil
got better tires more suited for drag.
opened up the hole on the air box for no restrictions

going to the track tomorrow and ill see how how the changes worked out. im also gonna try the more agressive chip. ill let you all know how it works out.

significantly better times today. but still not up to par IMO. i had 7-8 runs and all were 14.6xx with 2.2xx 60' and 96 mph traps.
things i changed/did different from last week are:

oil change
cut big hold in air box to allow maximum flow(stock hole was tiny)
more agressive ecu chip (ih8ricerz all motor program)
regular tires with soft sidewalls at 15psi

car was very consistent. and since i wasnt getting any faster i did bracket racing again and won 40 bucks if i would have made it through one more round i w ould have made over 100

next thing im gonna look at is my catalytic converter. after i pass emissions, im just gonna replace it with a straight pipe/ebay straight pipe "hi-flow cat".then run again in like 2 weeks. hardest problem is getting traction. id like to get some slicks but i cant afford it right now.

What exhaust are you running? IF your running the stock crx exhaust then thats most likely your problem. The piping is like 1.75" on those.

uhh no, i have thermal r&d catback. the cat might be restricting it though, the cat is still stock.

yeah id get a new cat. Its old and smalll so it probably is a bottle neck in your system.

Old stock cat is probably clogged to hell, also clutch, what clutch? Once you free up the exhaiust you should see a boost in top end. You should definitely be in the low 14's high 13's with that set up, no problem. I would look into some more suitable tires too, maybe someone at the track could throw you a set for a couple runs.

no one at the track would have slicks that fit my car. everyone runs domestics. theres absolutely no imports, lol. im gonna get some drag radials soon enough, and once i pass emissions cat is comming off, test pipe is going on :)

oh and about the clutch. its new, stock disc, clutchmasters HD pressure plate.

Honestly, its weird that you are still having these issues. . . but each motor is different, for some stupid reason yours might put out less power or something.

i bought some bf goodrich T/A drag radials. ill be hitting up the track on saturday, we'll see what kind of difference they make.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Apr 26 2005, 04:26 PM
Honestly, its weird that you are still having these issues. . . but each motor is different, for some stupid reason yours might put out less power or something.
[post=491710]Quoted post[/post]​

yea its perfectly possible that the motor could be tired. but a rebuild is in its future sometime anyway

b16 pistons
skunk2 stage 1 cams
cam gears
replace all the gaskets
possibly a new oil pump
and a new header (i want an-r, but not sure)

that should revive her :)

Have you pulled to head to examine the valves and all? Over time they tend to deteriorate and cause a loss of power, and You should probably change them out when you do the rebuild as well. Dont forget rings :p

well after another long day att he track, heres the results:

only change from last time (ran 14.67 best) was the bfg 205/50/14 drag radials at 16 psi. launching at about 3500-4000.

60': 2.11
1/4: 14.50
mph: 95ish mph

i mean its better and all but still way off from where i should be. im about .5 too slow.

the only thing i havent covered is the catalytic converter. and ill be putting on a straight pipe as soon as i go get emissions tested so we will see soon enough, possibly this next weekend.

but on the other hand, i did beat 2 12 sec cars and in the end i won 40 bucks. but that really only covers my cost to race (25 +15 for buy backs cause i lost 1st round). but everytime ive gone to the track so far ive won 40 bucks and made it to 4th round bracket racing :) its fun, but id be having a lot more fun if i was satisfied with my times...

Your getting there. And at least your winning some money, lol.

Back