going to the track this weekend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea im pretty much just breaking even everytime, i can never seem to get past 4th round, oh well.

i replaced the cat with a straight pipe (technically its a high flow cat, but its off ebay, nothing really more then a straight pipe). seems to rev faster, and accelerate faster. butt dyno feels good :)

i was worried about it sounding like shit and/or ricey and/or loud as fuck like open header, but it doesnt sound bad. maybe just a little louder.

im going to the track again tomorrow so we will see if it made any difference. im gonna try advancing the timing a few degrees too.

still a 2.1 60ft time. With those slicks you can do better then that for sure. I pulled a 2.1 on worn out potenza s03', and those have STIFF as hell sidewalls

i have the same problems you have...the only dif in our set ups is that i have an lsv and you have a gsr....i even have the same bfgs' you do

from reading your post i think its you....just like me.....my best run is 14.258@98.04 with a 2.189 60'

my lsv is stock bottom end and a b16head with a $100 header, 2.25 bent exh, no cat
practice you can go faster, i can prob get high 13 if i could launch/drag better

practice makes perfect.... but your car seems about right

better times today :)

i advanced the timing 2 degrees and put in the straight pipe last night like i said before

i really wanna know my 60' time on this run but it had to be broken on my run, i dont know what happened. supposedly theeyve been having problems with it. so here it is, the best run...

r/t - .573
60' - .000
330 - 6.066
1/8 - 9.303
MPH - 77.02
1000 - 12.056
1/4 - 14.389
MPH - 97.34

im getting better and faster at shifting, im getting good at launching. i think whats holding me back with these tires and why they arent hooking up that great is because i have no lsd. when i do a burnout, just the one tire spins. but i just have to deal. i probably pulled a 2.0xx 60' on that run but like i said i cant know.

i can probably pull a few more degrees advance too. ill try a degree or 2 next time.

we got rained out, and it got pretty cold, with another run i mostlikely could have pulled a 14.2

nah it rained out. didnt get to race for money, but that means that next time i go i can go for free :)

thanks mike, but im still not where i want to be :) ill keep working at it, and trying to get it better.

:thumbsup:

<-- generic answer to everything.

It's still not bad though. :)

yea, lol. i mean its a hell of an inprovement since i first started. i was running 15.0's in the begining, and with just a few minor changes (tires, straight pipe, timing, more experience) ive managed to better my time by about 7/10's. hell of a difference if you ask me :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@May 17 2005, 11:46 AM
yea, lol. i mean its a hell of an inprovement since i first started. i was running 15.0's in the begining, and with just a few minor changes (tires, straight pipe, timing, more experience) ive managed to better my time by about 7/10's. hell of a difference if you ask me :)
[post=500507]Quoted post[/post]​

YEah it is, by the end of summer youll be in the 13's :thumbsup:

well, today was another good day at the track. i pretty much got 3rd place in bracket racing, (only won 60 bucks though cause it was only 5 rounds). and ive got another best time run. it came out of no where really cause i was doing 14.4's all day before this. i redlighted, and was pissed cause i always fuck up first round so i ran through the gears as hard and fast as i could. i was SLAMMING those gears. heres the results

60' 2.110
1/8 9.1
MPH 78.xxx
1/4 14.22
MPH 97.8

that time came out of left feild. if i hadnt redlighted i still would have ran out by over a tenth, lol.

Almost 98 mph says 14 flat to me. You would be running deep in the 13s with some slicks. Keep practicing the clutch feathering...

:thumbsup:

yea i dont know what the deal is. i thought id be hitting like 1.9 60's and with like perfect launches i cant even break 2.0 ehh oh well. its still decent maybe its cause the tires are 205 wide. but i cant run full slicks. if i do, ill have to run class 2, which ill get my ass kicked in since theres like 10 sec cars in class 2 and they are all really good drivers. plus it costs more :(

but otherwise, im very happy with my times im happy with the impreovement ive made

ive already got the timning advanced 2 degrees i think im gonna try some more to get the times even faster :) i dont know if ill be able to or not next weekend though :(

Back