1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

going turbo.....swapping pistons?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by lil_red_si, Mar 17, 2006.

1. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

:p wuts good guys......ok so my answer has yet to be answerd yet......i am rebuilding my d16a6...i have all new seals......i also have p2p pistons ( brand new) and low mile p28 pistons.....now if i am going to boost....like the daily drivin 6-8 psi.....should i swap to any of these sets or re ring the stock pm6 pistons....i herd that the vtec pistons lowers your compression and a lil low compression is good for boost right?.....i am keeping this non-vtec so please no answers with the "MINI-ME" schpeil.......just need some info so i can drop these pistons in this weekend!!!...thanks guys! :mrgreen:

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

Lower compression means easier to tune, higher compression means more power.

3. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

......still dosent answer my question......which ones would be better......sorry if i sound like an asshole....any others? :p

4. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

What is the cr with the different pistions?
    Either or.

5. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

i have no idea what the compression ratios are for the pistons.....thats what im asking...give me some info about the p28 and p2p pistons.....should i just replace em because i got some fresh p2p pistons in my basement.....0 miles and new rings :mrgreen:

6. HatchSpeeD

HatchSpeeD ...Hi...

Probably because an answer can't be answered! :p

Well, your question is too vague. 6-8 psi means nothing. It depends on the turbo size. One turbo you can be fine at 6-8psi & another your engine will go kaboom. Be more descriptive, whats your power goals if any or do some more research. What size/kind turbo are you using & sorry, I don't know how high your CR will be...

7. lil_red_si

lil_red_si Senior Member

ok.....im thinking of using either a t28 or a nice lil t3 turbo......i want stock motor...the d16a6 no vtec head or mini me stuff.....i will upgrade my injectors if nessasary too....prolly goin wit some 310cc.....aem fuel rail.....b&m regulator......thep2p pistons or p28 pistons ( whichever you guys think has better performance)....i only want to shoot for about 170-200 whp.....i might use this as a quick daily driver and a fast autoxer.....can anyone tell me if they have a setup almost like this and how they perform?.....thanks guys and thanks for the quick responses :mrgreen:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted