Going under the knife

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would use the walker until you know you will not need it, you do not want to fall!

Glad to read all is going well, good luck and keep up the good work.

Been using the walker because I can move faster with it... cane is a tad too tall so I need to trim it down

Its a wooden cane, not one of those adjustable aluminum things... I got it trimmed down a few inches... gonna wrap the handle with a bandana for a lil padding

Oh shit, I missed this whole thread.

Well, I hope all goes well. I was supposed to get a hip replacement when I was 32 as well. (Well, my hips are so fucked I was supposed to get something when I was 20)

But here I am, deformed, tumor-laden hips and all. Just finished an 8 mile hike with my new load-out.

Physical therapist said I'm lightyears ahead of where I should be... I'm doing great so far... walker is no more, I'm on the cane now and zipping around the house like its nothing ...lol

My main goal: getting back behind the wheel.... I hate being stuck at home not being able to drive

Walk as much as possible.

The first thing doctors tell you to do when you're injured is not move. The first thin that physical therapists do when you're injured is tell you to move.

"Is it true, if you don't use it...you lose it?"

Yes.

After my carpal tunnel surgery I was moving my hand a lot in the soft cast then after the stitches came out I was using my hand as much as could. 2 days after the stitches came out I started training for a technician job so I had to use my hand. I had a great recovery and I think it has been to using the hand instead of just letting it heal slowly. Minor surgery but same theory.
I am glad you are having a speedy recovery. Keep up with the pt and keep moving.

After my carpal tunnel surgery I was moving my hand a lot in the soft cast then after the stitches came out I was using my hand as much as could. 2 days after the stitches came out I started training for a technician job so I had to use my hand. I had a great recovery and I think it has been to using the hand instead of just letting it heal slowly. Minor surgery but same theory.
I am glad you are having a speedy recovery. Keep up with the pt and keep moving.

Just read this.

He was cranking it.
:rimshot:

Just a lil update... been getting around a lot better... made a few trips to Costco (some may know, lots of walking). Back behind the wheel, only driven a couple times tho.. gotta get the gangsta lean on because I can't bend my hip past 90°

Had a follow up... everything good so far, go back in a couple weeks

That's awesome man. Glad to hear it.

Back