golf club clone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i have been in search for better clubs; because the ones i own are nice to learn on but i feel like the irons are way too old and not doing me justice on the course.

i play 3-7 times a month :)

i own these used clubs [no driver]
wilson set 3-pw 1,3,5 wood $40 @ play it again
arnold palmer 9 wood $20 @play it again [my favorate]
generic 7wood with harrison 2.5 shaft and winn grip $20 @ play it again [have not used]

so i went on a mission to find a set of clubs, a driver and a hybrid on golfsmith.com the bill was $1.5k :mad:

thats way too much, even if i had the money i'm only willing to spend up to $500 for a complete set. [irons, hybrid, driver, wedge & putter]

first went here because of a thread on HS
Custom Golf Clubs by Pinemeadow

then i did a yahoo search for "clone golf clubs" and it turns out that dozens of companies sell clones. :eek:

Golf Clubs | Clone golf clubs | Discount Golf Clubs
Clone Golf Club, Custom Golf Clubs, Discount Golf Clubs, Clone Golf Components
Clone Golf Clubs, Clone Golf Components, Custom Golf Clubs, Discount Golf Clubs
The Ace of Clubs.com - Iron Golf clubs custom iron sets left handed irons

i noticed that the club names are just like the brand name. then i read that companies that name the clubs like the "real name" are not legal or are trying to be deceptive. ^_^

i like these because they seem to have some kind of knowledge and honest
Custom Golf Clubs by Pinemeadow [the best so far]
Discount Golf Equipment, Custom Golf Clubs at bigpapagolf.com [seems ok]
The Ace of Clubs.com - Iron Golf clubs custom iron sets left handed irons [expensive]
Custom Made Golf Clubs Custom Made Golf Club Clone Golf Component Clone Golf Club Irons [expensive]

now i dont know what to do :huh:

should i buy clone clubs?
where should i buy them?
has any one ever used any of those companies?

Last edited:
free ground shipping on orders over $100

so i went to gigagolf.com and i made a wish list for the clubs i wanted. :)

iconUT-GGPG04.jpg
Price: $142.50 for 2-3-4 hybrids

trans.gif
Item:GigaGolf - C9 475 HybridGrip:Lamkin - CrosslineGrip Size:JuniorShaft:UST -
360 GraphiteShaft Flex:A FlexLength Adjustment:0 inches
----------------------

iconWG-GGCV11.jpg
Price: $29.50 wedge

Item:GigaGolf - SGS BlackGrip:Lamkin - CrosslineGrip Size:StandardShaft:True Temper - Feather FlightShaft Flex:A FLEXLength Adjustment:0 inchesLie Adjustment:-1

--------------------

iconPU-GGCC09.jpg
Price: $34.25 putter

Item:GigaGolf - Center Cut mod. 15 ionGrip:Lamkin - Crossline PaddleGrip Size:StandardShaft:True Temper - Double Bend SRShaft Flex:Double Bend SR Putter ShaLength Adjustment:0 inches

---------------------

iconWD-GGNK19.jpg
Price: $99.00 square driver

Item:GigaGolf - Ozzy MOTO 460 TiGrip:Lamkin - CrosslineGrip Size:StandardShaft:UST - 360 GraphiteShaft Flex:A FlexLength Adjustment:0 inches

------------------

iconMI-GGAD01.jpg
Price: $189.90 3-pw hybrid style irons

Item:GigaGolf - Revelation Hybrid SetGrip:Lamkin - CrosslineGrip Size:StandardShaft:True Temper - Feather FlightShaft Flex:A FlexLength Adjustment:0 inchesLie Adjustment:0

with a grand total of
494.25 with out shipping

no i have to decude between these clubs and the ones they offer here

Custom Golf Clubs by Pinemeadow

i could save over 1k over buying "real brands" AND i get new technology instead of used clubs.

what to do? ^_^

ok so i went ahead an looked up the ones i wanted from the pinewood place

QtyCart ItemsHandPrice (As Configured)
TotalCommand Hybrid Irons
3 Hybrid: 19 Degree
Grip: Crossline by Lamkin
Shaft: Pinemeadow Hybrid Graphite Men's standard length, Regular flex
handR.png

Right $41.00$41.00

Tour Series BLOC 455cc Driver
10 Degree Driver w/ Headcover
Shaft: Pinemeadow Graphite Shaft Men's standard length, Regular flex
handR.png

Right $71.95$71.95

Command Hybrid Irons
4 Hybrid: 22 Degree
handR.png

Right $41.00$41.00

Command Hybrid Irons
5 Hybrid: 25 Degree
handR.png

Right $41.00$41.00

Pinemeadow Excel Hollow Core Ti Irons
3-PW Iron Set
Shaft: True Temper Ttlite Men's standard length, Regular flex
handR.png

Right $267.00$267.00

Classic Grind Black Butte Wedge
56 Degree
Shaft: True Temper Ttlite Men's standard length, Regular flex
handR.png

Right $68.45$68.45

Xeon M-2cs Putter
Xeon M-2cs Putter (34 inches)
Grip: Pinemeadow Standard Putter Grip
Shaft: Pinemeadow Standard Steel Men's standard length
handR.png

Right $39.00$39.00

Subtotal (does not include tax or shipping)
$569.40
(You are eligible for FREE domestic ground shipping.

out of all 3 products above i only liked the iron set. and that driver is not that great i tested it at golfsmith, and that putter is not my style.
and then if i get the ones i want i run into
TAYLOR MADE GOLF- R7 460 TITANIUM DRIVER - Rock Bottom Golf - Discount Golf Clubs, New Golf Clubs and Equipment from TaylorMade, Adams Golf, Mizuno, Tommy Armour, Ram, Hippo, Wilson, Nike, Bag Boy and Ogio.
$239 crazy

also for 6 dollars more [gigagolf.com] i get
2 more hybrids that can be used at different courses.
much better driver design.

a wedge of choice
customized lie and length
same shafts, choice of grip
and a 30 day money back guarantee

i'm going clone.
same quality
similar design
right on price

lets see if i can get 9 in today

maybe I'm a name brand whore, but i've always had the belief that the authentic is always a better quality than the knock offs. whatever though. your money, your clubs. good luck

maybe I'm a name brand whore, but i've always had the belief that the authentic is always a better quality than the knock offs. whatever though. your money, your clubs. good luck

:werd: i'd rather buy some name brand used clubs over knockoffs

lets put it this way.. would you rather buy used real Mugen wheels that are cheaper than the brand new knock offs.. i sure the hell would

:werd: i'd rather buy some name brand used clubs over knockoffs

lets put it this way.. would you rather buy used real Mugen wheels that are cheaper than the brand new knock offs.. i sure the hell would
thats a good analogy, but i was thinking along the lines of buying really good clubs that are new, that cost the same as the knock offs. theres a lot of good clubs out there for good prices.

like some of last years models are good clubs. and they are discounted. there is no need to buy this years model for 50% more. i guess it's just personal preference.

thanks for the input.... all taken into consideration

but i have never cared about brands just quality and price.

as far as the analogy...

why do you swap in an engine into your civic instead of buying an M?
you can get a used benz cheap or heck what about an old porsche. they are fast and nimble just like a swaped civic AND it has the porsche name!!!

so

arent we driving a "knock off" of the real SiR?

or what about regrind cams or even intake manifolds from non brand companies that are the same as skunk2?

metal is metal and as long as the "clone" companies are not lying and dont try to trick me then i'm happy... and buying from them.

instead of paying for a "real" brands marketing campaign.

no golf today it was raining :(

when i pay for the axles and get some cash i'm buying the ones from gigagolf.com. if i dont like them ill let you guys know :D
but it should be ok.

ohh yeah:cool:
the pro at my neighborhood golf course told me today that he has bought clubs for his kid in high school from both of the places i liked. he said he likes the quality as much as the set he competes with and would use them if he had to & was not sponsored by mizuno. ;)

good read, formby... i'm thinking of getting into golf... but i figure i wouldn't waste money on 'overpriced upscale' clubs until i decide if i like it or not... but i enjoyed the 'knock off' arguments. lol

thanks...

they have a point, but it doesnt mean that the two companies i shopped dont make a great product for the price...

today when i get to the office i'm going to call both of the companies and ask them about the "guarantee" they have

just try not to swing the knock offs too hard in front of the lake

its one thing for the head to fly off and land 50 yards down the fairway, but when the head flies off and lands in the middle of the lake you're fucked

and just hope it doesn't kill someone

knockoffs FTL

hybrid 3 iron is my aboslute favorite club. That club alone is a great investment, you'll probably use it more than you'd think. I use it quite often.

and fuck those weird lookin putters. Give me a
Cle%20DesBy%201948.jpg
and call it a day.

dont buy clones period.

my first set was a clone set, broke 2 woods after a year and 1 iron.

tgw.com and buy a real set in your range.

i have a set of tommy armours i bought 4 years ago and they still play great, i also have a callaway driver i got new. i bought a cleveland wedge from play it again and a brand new odyssey 2 ball putter. all together i spent about 500 on my set.

Back