good and bad turbo setup news

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16coupe

My car finally ran correctly after installing and msd-sci. So I take it to the dyno the same day and make 244whp and 164wtq at 9 psi. That made me happy.

Now for the bad part. I got on my car the other day and the boost went to 10psi and when I shifted into 3rd, it went to 11. I get home and check the vacuum line going to the wastegate (its a "tial style" wastedate) and it is ok and has no holes or anything. I disconnect it from the intake mani and blow into the wastegate and I can feel air coming out of the top port. Is it suposed to do that? When my car idles, i can hear a high pitched noise like a wistle comming from the top port of the wastegate. So what do you all think is up with the damn thing. Should I take it apart and look to see if there are any borken or punctured parts?

Thanks in advance

Get ahold of a real tial wastegate and see if that fixes your problem. You get what you pay for with some of these immitation products.

take it apart and see if the diaphram is sealing properly, or it may be ripped. the imitation tials are an exact imitaition of the real thing, so you could probably order the part from tial.

Originally posted by projekteg@Nov 3 2004, 07:16 AM
take it apart and see if the diaphram is sealing properly, or it may be ripped. the imitation tials are an exact imitaition of the real thing, so you could probably order the part from tial.
[post=411094]Quoted post[/post]​

no no no...just break down and buy a tial..

dont cheap out,,thats when shyt its the fan

Back