Good and Great Pageing Alarms

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Projectzc

I want to buy a alarm for my civic any suggestions. I am looking into pageing alarms. What not to get or what to get. I will install it my self. And yes I know how I use to install factory alarms for honda. I want something a little better then factory. It is a 2000 Si I need to keep it safe.

Originally posted by Projectzc@Apr 16 2004, 03:43 AM
I want something a little better then factory. It is a 2000 Si I need to keep it safe.

quite honestly...if someone wanted your car bad enough, they'll take it with you in it. but if your dead set on a paging alarm, Black Widow has a nice one you can get at Best Buy. There are far better ones, but you can't beat that one as far as price goes.

I don't do the alarm thing, but along with yours you may want to install a switch on the power wire to the fuel pump. It will keep them from actually taking your car, this way it will only be a stripped hunk of metal, but atleast you will know where it is.

I bought my matrix 3.5 off of Ebay for $260+20 shipping. 280 is cheap for a good alarm. Add in battery backup, hide your components, fuel switch. You'd be fairly safe.

<<<<Battery backup, piezo sirens, paging alarm, remote start. A nice option with the 3.5 is the factory arm and disarm stuff is built in. There are very few add ons that are needed. That is unless you want the one minute timer on the dome light and the trunk popper option. They are options, but require extras.

Relays and solenoids are not included. It will pop your locks and start the car. It will also blink your flashers, etc. I added a motion/tilt sensor in case someone started slowly jacking up the car to steal my rims. About $40 more.

whats up man
i am car car stereo installer and i install alrams all the time

im not a fan of the best buys and circuit city products or instalations with that said
i would say to get either

viper, clifford,sidewinder any DEI made alarm is quality just about everthing else is junk
farely easy to install then harder for remote start but with a wiring diagram anything can be accomplished

add a pezo (small loud db anoying siren) around $17 and field disturbense (if somone gets close to your car it will chirp three times warning them to get away then sound the alarm)not sure on price then maybe murcury swithes (placed on trunk lid or hood if opend while alarm is set it will trigger the alarm) depending on whats done to your car this is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back