Good deal on battery cable/wire?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
im doing a battery relocation and ground upgrade soon and im trying to find a good deal on about 25" of 2 gauge battery cable.

so far ive found..
Deka 2-gauge 24" Battery Cable Assembly : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories
that one seems a little too good to be true..

Monster SMP Series Power Cable 2-gauge marine-grade cable for power or ground at Crutchfield.com

NOBLE Wire - Battery Cable
NOBLE Wire - Battery Cable

i also need power and ground distribution blocks, terminals, a rubber battery tray and a battery hold down if anyone knows where to get a good deal on any of that shit.

whats the difference between welding cable and regular battery cable?

google can tell you all you need to know about power wire.

price will be determined by the strand count and if it's oxygen free or not. the more strands, the more flexible the cable. going for oxygen free will yield longer life without tarnish. that's not really necessary but up to you.

No way in hell you need 25 feet, you dont have to run the ground wire all the way back to the front.

i know.
i was thinking roughly 18 feet to route it nicely to the trunk, about a foot for the ground and i need 3 feet for the ground upgrade, but i remembered that i wanna use 4 gauge for the engine grounds.

thanks for the site link yblegal.
i googled my question about welding cable and battery cable but didnt find anything.
is there anything i should be looking be looking for in a good distribution block besides the material?

gold plating, brass core. no not really. just that it accommodates the size wires you plan on using. dont use the larger holes for smaller cables, it just leaves room for them to work loose and fall out. idk cant think of anything else. i'll upload you pictures of my battery relocation and maybe that will give you a good idea. mine came out superb! odyssey PC680 in the trunk, and a grounding block and all.

till later.... peace.

Back