good deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92hatchVx

Hey i am looking for an engine swap for my Hatch and i found one at www.jdmshit.com they have a JDM gsr front clip for $3300. i was wondering if u guys think its a good deal. or if the people at jdmshit.com are lagit and have quality motors. also i have been reading on this site about how to swap in a gsr motor into a Eg and i was wondering if the motor was JDM would it be any different? and i have a VX and i remember reading about how on a certain wire my VX has 4 and on the gsr it has 5.....this might not make any sense at all but if u kinda understand waht im saying maybe u can help explain it to me...(i dont know much about swaps) thanks

well at the prices at the web site are the same for a complete change over, and clip so i thought if i got the clip i would get the gauges..dash..stuff like that. i could sell some of the stuff i dont want. and also so that the hoses and stuff arent cut. but i guess the shipping for a motor only and not the front clip would be cheaper....

the jdm harness is pretty worhtless. you will only use it for a couple plugs.

the 5wire to 4-wire conversion is documented in the FAQ forum

well...the prices are the same...so i would be getting the gauge cluster and stuff like that free...and also the motor will be in the body still so im sure the hoses and other stuff arent cut. also has anyone bought anything from jdmshit.com? are they good people there? quality stuff??

You also get the GSR brake components which would be a nice upgrade if you have the shitty dx or cx's. You also get the front end which can be sold, along with the jdm vin tag on the front chassis, I am sure some jdm crazy loko will buy that.

Milan

I don't know anything about jdmshit.com but I know that Jeremy at japan direct (www.usedengine.com) was a good guy to deal with, they have good prices and do a very good job of keeping things intact when they pull and engine. I got a JDM b16a and they sent me the entire front suspension and steering rack as well as the fuse box and wiring harness that goes to the ECU. I just finished swaping the harnesses yesterday so hopefully the engine will get started up today but it looks damn good and japan direct is even listed with the BBB which most engine importers can't say

best luck on finding an engine

good luck with your swap. I say do a more thorough search for the best/most reliable place to buy what you want.

Milan

Back