Good deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khrisb

I bought my friend's 10" JL audio sub with box from him for 20 bucks. We were both fucked up, about to go to the club. The only thing about the speaker is that it has a small scratch on the speaker part. Did I get a good deal? And will that scratch affect the performance of the speaker???

you can purchase speaker repair kits on the net. my father repaired two speakers (foam was cracked alllll the way around) and they soound fine.

:withstupid:

a scratch on the cone isnt going to effect the speakers performance at all (as long as its not huge)

and $20 for a sub w/ box is a pretty good deal

scratches are fine, as long as it doesnt go all the way through the material.

I bought my friend's 10" JL audio sub with box from him for 20 bucks. We were both fucked up, about to go to the club. The only thing about the speaker is that it has a small scratch on the speaker part. Did I get a good deal? And will that scratch affect the performance of the speaker???

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LIE???? YOU SAD LITTLE BITCH!!!!!!

Club my ass you bitches are to sad to get in the clubs!!!!

GOD I HATE HONDAS AND YOU FUCKERS!!!!

Originally posted by delsolty@Nov 9 2003, 04:12 PM

WHY DO YOU WANT TO LIE???? YOU SAD LITTLE BITCH!!!!!!

Club my ass you bitches are to sad to get in the clubs!!!!

GOD I HATE HONDAS AND YOU FUCKERS!!!!

Ok, you're ghey. I know where I went Friday. You don't. Go fak yourself.

I'm not real sure what kind of speaker it is, it just says JL audio on the speaker. I unscrewed it and looked at it. Is there somewhere on the speaker I can look to find out which kind it is?

I forgot we had a speaker section. :oops:

Shit. My little brother is a moron. He was in my room and put his foot into the speaker. He pushed in the center cone part of the speaker. Can I pull it back out with something? It's the center part that says JL Audio.

Also, on the back of the speaker it says, VRC patented technology. 10W and (then a O with a line thru it diagonally)-4. Is that good or something? I know nothing about electronics.

That's a 4 ohm JL woofer that happens to be the very base model of the past few years. I don't think they even make them anymore, or it could be the W1 model they got rid of. A caved in dust cap won't affect it's performance, it'll just look bad.

If you paid $20 for it with the box... you did ok.

Originally posted by khrisb@Nov 9 2003, 10:48 PM
He pushed in the center cone part of the speaker. Can I pull it back out with something? It's the center part that says JL Audio.

Also, on the back of the speaker it says, VRC patented technology. 10W and (then a O with a line thru it diagonally)-4. Is that good or something? I know nothing about electronics.

You might be able to use the suction from your vacuum cleaner hose to pull out gently on that dust cap.

10W0 = 10 inch Dub Zero

My buddy had one. It's not a new speaker, in fact I think it's the first in the "dub" series. They're all the way up to a W7 now. It's still a good speaker, with good bass, so be pleased with your purchase. Keep your brother away from it.

I fixed it. Somebody told me to pull the cone out with a safety pin. That didn't work. I used the hole that I made with the pin and screwed a screw into it. I pulled it out with that. I went outside and hooked it up into my car. It sounded like ass, but I don't have my amp hooked up yet. It was too quiet, but i think I was only pushing like 50 Watts to it. I'll get the amp hooked up soon enough.
:lol:

it sounds like ass because you now have a hole in the fuckin speaker
throw the fucker out... you got a box for $20 :bash:

Hahaha Thats funny. Man, take an extension chord. Cut off the female side. Wire that bitch up to your sub, and plug it in the wall. Good times.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 12 2003, 12:40 PM
sounds like ass cuz he is powering off the deck

:werd:
I just pulled out the center cap some. The 1/16th of an inch hole in the cap has nothing to do with it. I didn't puncture the speaker itself, I checked and had one of my friends look at it. Just need that amp kit now...

Get an amp kit at walmart. Like 25.99 and is just as good as the 50 bucks one at car toys IMO.

Back