1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GOOD high-quality pics of the shop! Yay!

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by civicious, Feb 6, 2013.

1. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Well, as some of you know I've recently opened my own shop down in Houston to do what I seem to do best - repair, service, maintenance, restoration, and performance work on high-end European cars. I opened the doors on October 1st, and initially was nervous that the building I got was too big, and I wasn't sure that I'd be able to grow into it. Coming as a complete surprise to me, here I am a mere 4 months later and I'm already having to look into getting another building and expanding to keep up with the ever-growing demand for my services. We haven't had time to do hardly any advertising, and our website is nothing but a .JPG of some of the services we offer - we've been busy as can be making broken cars fixed, fast cars faster, and aging jewels shine like new again. Last week, my good friend Brandon Bones with Studio 819 Photography came down to snap some photos of the shop in action and to yell at me for taking pictures of anything with my iPhone - he did such a bang-up job on the photos that I couldn't help but to share.

Enjoy, and remember: Do it right the first time, do it IDB!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We use only the finest fluids and lubricants...
    [​IMG]
    ...and whenever possible, we use exclusively OEM parts - that's why we're able to offer the same 12 month/12,000 mile warranty as most dealerships! There's never a need to worry about a poorly-made aftermarket part failing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our diagnostic equipment is top-notch; if your current repair facility is doing diagnostic work on your high-end European vehcile with a scanner that can also check distributor timing on a '91 Chevy Blazer, it's time to move up in the world!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Any time a vehicle is brought into the shop for repairs, we'll go over the vehicle front-to-back multiple times to make sure every item on the car is in tip-top shape, and to make note of anything that needs attention. Here, we're doing a full service and inspection on a 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We don't just tell you what's broken, worn, leaking, or wrong with your car - we'll take (relatively) high quality photos, print them out, and keep them on file - see for yourself what we're replacing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We don't JUST work on European vehicles - we're able to offer repair, maintenance, and restoration services on ANY vehicle, regardless of what continent or decade it came from! Take this Datsun we're currently going through, for example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Whether you're ballin' on a budget or bankin' with the big dogs, nothing makes a fresh car look stank like lettin' it get all dirty an' stuff - at IDB Racing - Repair - Restoration, we offer unparallelled cleaning and detailing services that can make that dull turd look like a shiny jewel again. Additioanlly, any time we perform major repairs on a vehicle, we'll typically go thru and detail it at no additoinal charge - just because there's no feeling in the world like having your dream ride back working like new AND looking it as well!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a good example of one of our absolute favorite things to do: take something that's beaten into nothing and turn it into something awesome. I picked this 2002 525i wagon up for less than I pay for one month's rent - and didn't have to put much more than that back into it! After rebuilding the engine and going thru all the electrical systems, flushing all the fluids and replenishing them with new OEM lubricants, installing an upgraded stereo along with Rainbow components in the doors and a powered subwoofer, installing coilovers on the front and fabricating a set of our SLS rear lowering links, retrofitting an M5 front end and repairing the body damage, replacing the headlight lenses, installing some gnarly Concept One wheels and spacers, and giving her a good scrubbing, she's good as new and rides like a dream at just a touch under 200,000 miles! I currently drive her as a daily, and we're building a single-turbo 2JZGTE to drop in it later this year! Granted, as a repair facility our 'out of pocket' expense on a 'reviving' such as this will be much lower than you as a customer; however we're still able to offer comparative services that can ultimately put you in the car of your dreams for a fraction of the price. As I write this, we've currently got two other late-model 'rust to riches' mini-restorations in the shop in progress!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

...and finally, since Bones IS a photographer after all, I figured I'd go ahead and throw in some of the more 'artsy' type photos for your viewing pleasures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ketchup, the Shop Protector.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

that is some fucking SUPERB work you got going there. a++ dude!

6. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

Very nice!

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

8. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

get a website and hire more techs :D

9. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

awesome pics man!! doesnt those new Lambos come with air suspension on them from the factory? i LOVE that wagon you drive as a daily. its pretty badass. what kinda motor is in it? LOL at the couch!!

10. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

11. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

Nice shop! great pics your buddy took too! congrats :D

12. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

Couch is there because it's awesome, and if a customer wants to come in and relax and watch me work on their car, they're more than welcome to - I don't have anything to hide.

The wagon has the stock motor right now, but the 2JZ that we're working on in some of the pics will be going into the wagon later this year. Stay tuned :D

13. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

That shop looks bad ass!

14. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

don't swap the wagon. sell it to me, on the cheap.

15. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

I wish Wil could work on my cars :(

Shop looks awesome. I've NEVER come across a shop as nice as yours yet Wil.

16. 92stoccord

92stoccord Big Member VIP

Congrats dude. Wish I lived nearby, I'd just see what you could do with my Lincoln on a budget. Since I've got some money and no time now.

17. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I love that wagon. Bet it's one hell of a daily too. When I hit lotto, I'm shipping the Integra to you, well, just because I'll be able to.

18. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

damn son, cant wait to see what the shop looks like when you find a bigger spot.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted