Good Idea, Bad Idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think I have seen those before what is it from? That is some good shit. If it was from a kid's show they couldn't show that anymore because it would be offensive to fat people, old people, cruelty to animals, and it has too much violence. PC = teh suck

Yeah, PC = teh suck. Found out that one of my all-time childhood favorite cartoons - Talespin - was comming out in a DVD set. Then I found out it had been heavily "edited". WTF?

talespin edited? what is there to edit out? i remember that show, but dont remember anything vulgar.
i don't remember specific examples, but i remember seeing an episode a few months back and they had some pretty racist stuff on there.

Because gone are the days that people were responsible for raising their children right.

Read up on Amazon and I guess they edited out some violence, racist stuff and some "adult themes". I mean really. What the hell. Are they really that scared of a law suit?

that sucks, i always liked talespin, and animaniacs was the shit...
HELLOOOOOO Nurse!

They edited all the tobacco use out of Tom and Jerry, yet left in the countless times they smashed each other with hammers. People are idiots.

Animaniacs was fantastic... probably one of the best cartoons of my generation. I honestly didn't think for a second that it was an educational show until long after it was over... But all their random facts throughout the show? The Nations song? It's a Great Big Universe? The entire show was educational but so hilarious and wacky you didn't think you were learning for even a second.

Animaniacs was fantastic... probably one of the best cartoons of my generation. I honestly didn't think for a second that it was an educational show until long after it was over... But all their random facts throughout the show? The Nations song? It's a Great Big Universe? The entire show was educational but so hilarious and wacky you didn't think you were learning for even a second.

:werd:

Come and join the warner brothers... and the warners' sister dot! :) Yes, I remember almost all the after school cartoons... how about Tiny Toons? Chilly Willy? DuckTales, and my favorite: Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers!

How about 'Legends of the Hidden Temple'? My buddy was a Silver Snake for halloween this year. :lol:

I miss all the old-school Nick shows. Pete and Pete, Salute Your Shorts, etc. Kids today don't know what premium television is.

Back