Good Lord....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UGH these people put so much effort into putting a large motor in a small cavity,

Yet that intake is horrendous, and they ALWAYS go with automatics !!

Well it looks like they used a V8 they had sitting behind the barn... AS they found it. If you give it effort than turning remains intact. I keep listing that Porsche that E_SolSi should have around of that Porsche with the V8 swap in it. Stunning. The amount of effort that went into it, ofcourse, being stunning itself.

But if you take your time and do it right the first time, you'll get good results all the time.

I really should take some more pictures of the Supercharged 306 (bored 302) that's waiting to be wired into my friend's '87 Supra. The swap is completely finished except wiring. It looks a mess because it's in progress, but the install is beautiful.

thats quite the shifter....

also, you think that thing's been overheated (note: color of the "antifreeze" that been sprayed all over the front of the engine bay)

86_1.JPG

over on turbomustangs.com thats pretty much what they use for jytt setups... even some .42/.48's and ihi's

personally if i was doing a jy mustang turbo build id go single holset hx35 or hx40 and call it a day, 1/2 the oil lines 1/2 the piping and twice the snail

But a blow-through carb? Comeon. Seriously, if you're gonna use a 5.0 V8, use an EFI version, a single turbo, intercool it and tune it the right way. Damn rednecks.

But a blow-through carb? Comeon. Seriously, if you're gonna use a 5.0 V8, use an EFI version, a single turbo, intercool it and tune it the right way. Damn rednecks.

what about that build make you think these "mechanics" could wire and tune a ford EFI system in a completely different brand of car...

i'm not saying its the cleanest swap, but i would definately have fun with it if i got in the drivers seat...

Quoted post[/post]]
UGH these people put so much effort into putting a large motor in a small cavity,

Yet that intake is horrendous, and they ALWAYS go with automatics !!

My buddy's 406 Small block with 2 speed powerglide into his s13 was not ALOT harder to do than the SR Swap in another buddy's s13... Granted they are 2 different swaps, but very close in relationship. It was amazing how much easier it was than i thought it would be.

That 302 on the other hand... As hacked as hacked can be.

Back