Good luck on this one..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mdlax1

ok.. here's the deal.

Type R us 98 spec in a 99 ex coupe.

i have a b16a2 ecu (dont ask..if anyones has a type R w/ the imob off or a gsr same let me know im in the market)

anyway.. bout 3 weeks ago the speedo started bouncing like the sensor or cable was going up. Well now 95% of the time it just sits on 0. every so often it will bounce all over the place and sometimes even still it will act normal.. this lead me to believe it's just the cable.. one of the springs are prob bad.. (cause when the speedo works and i get on it.. she starts bouncing again)

anway. once she started bouncing and then would fall to zero i would notice an ever so slight bog on the motor like the air fuel was changing or the vacume but somethign was changing.. happens so fast and so slight i can't even tell on the vafc what is happening.

very soon after i would get some heavy bogs in all gears throught the RPM range mostly low-low/med

think of when your at a steady speed/rpm in a low gear like first or second and you let off the gas and back on like if you hit a bump you know that little tug your car gives.. feels like that but not so extreme.

my deduction is the 0 speed on the speedo is screwing with the obd2b and sending diff air fuel.. i'd like any imput on this..

also do b series and d series use the same size VSS? and where can i find a cable.

thanks guys

Originally posted by JDMilan@Oct 30 2003, 06:41 PM
the vss is different on those two motors and for a cable one look or call literally any swap shop, they shoudl have it. If not then try www.thepartstrader.com

any idea on a part number or exact name of that cable.. i assume VSS cable.. and where the hell is it located? (on the car)

there is no cable on that car. there is only a vehicle speed sensor (vss). the vss is located on the tranny under the throttle body over the passenger side axle. there should be one 10 mm bolt holding it in and one gray electrical plug attached to it.

thanks bro.. and GOD DAMNIT i gotta buy a freakin vss.. d series dont work huh?

are you positive there is no cable because i went to my local parts store and it came up on the screen as a legit part.. but they didn't carry it

if i understand correcly you need a vss for a b series motor i have one off my b16 when i did my swap in my 92 teg the speed sensor had to be swaped due to it takes a cable and the one on the b16 was electronic
so if its what you need email me at denzroom@yahoo.com

Back