Good Luck with this 1 Pentagon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

incorrect a family friend was just given the option to retire or be kicked out because he couldnt make PT...he was at the retirement point but wanted to get a couple more years in and rank up..well he couldnt rank up due to not being able to pass PT..so they said your either kicked or you can retire

Are you sure this is the whole story? Did he piss some people off in the past? Or maybe they want the old blood out. Take a look at the amount of felony waviers that have been passed. They are bending there standards in several ways.

Are you sure this is the whole story? Did he piss some people off in the past? Or maybe they want the old blood out. Take a look at the amount of felony waviers that have been passed. They are bending there standards in several ways.

I've watched it happen. His story isn't bullshit.

Normally it's people who won't meet PT requirements though. There's a difference between "can't" and "Won't."

I've watched it happen. His story isn't bullshit.

Normally it's people who won't meet PT requirements though. There's a difference between "can't" and "Won't."
he couldnt meet requirements..physically wasnt fit enough..he had been in 18 years as well..

He/she must have been severely obese, or severely out of shape. At that, He/she shouldn't be in if he can't run a 1.5 mile in under 15 minute or do 42 pushups. It's that simple.

I'll tell you this though. 99.9% of people that want to get through bootcamp and want to stay in the service do regardless if they pass their pt tests. The ones that don't get through are those that don't want to be in the service and use injuries to get medical discharge or have let them selves seriously go.

At that, physical tests? You have got to be kidding me. The numbers you put up are fucking slow and lame. I know fat ass 9th graders who have tougher physical tests in GYM class then the services. You get an F in gym if you don't pass.

I agree. I'd be upset with myself if I couldn't run a mile and a half in 12 minutes...

Just a tip.... whats up with mile and 1/2??? Its 2 miles , 2 mins of push up, and 2 mins of sit ups... Right now the standard for a 21 year old is 15:45 2mile runs, 42 push ups and 54 sit ups, and I know about 3/4 of the recruits are barly passing.... So it is hard now some people are gifted and can do the 80+ push ups in 2 mins, and 80+ sit ups and run the 2mile in under 12 mins... then again we wind up sending them to other schools such as ranger , air borne and air assult... :) as for the smoking band, my squad alone only has 3 people who dont smoke or chew... we all pass the PT test about the same amount of push ups sit up and run times.. Now if they band drinking im not re uping lol....

Just a tip.... whats up with mile and 1/2??? Its 2 miles , 2 mins of push up, and 2 mins of sit ups... Right now the standard for a 21 year old is 15:45 2mile runs, 42 push ups and 54 sit ups, and I know about 3/4 of the recruits are barly passing.... So it is hard now some people are gifted and can do the 80+ push ups in 2 mins, and 80+ sit ups and run the 2mile in under 12 mins... then again we wind up sending them to other schools such as ranger , air borne and air assult... :) as for the smoking band, my squad alone only has 3 people who dont smoke or chew... we all pass the PT test about the same amount of push ups sit up and run times.. Now if they band drinking im not re uping lol....

I did 104 situps, 74 push-ups, and ran the 2 in just over 13 mins on my final PT test in basic at 28 :p We used to smoke DURING PT runs. Banning smoking is just a bad idea. I personally hate the self righteous douchebags that want to tell people that are willing to sacrifice their lives so they can sit on the internet and tell people what they should and shouldn't.

I'll tell you this though. 99.9% of people that want to get through bootcamp and want to stay in the service do regardless if they pass their pt tests.

lol? We had a few guys in basic that didn't cut it, they stayed in basic, and after AIT went into a PT program, and had to pass it, or get kicked out, they don't just let you go. In our unit I was in charge of a couple guys, taking them through extra PT to get them to pass a PT test. The point is, they don't just let you through, unless you're a major+ for the most part. Standards have been lowered too much though, imo, they need to be a LOT tougher. I don't know how many here have been in combat, but passing a standard PT test doesn't mean you are fit for it, it sucks.

lol? We had a few guys in basic that didn't cut it, they stayed in basic, and after AIT went into a PT program, and had to pass it, or get kicked out, they don't just let you go. In our unit I was in charge of a couple guys, taking them through extra PT to get them to pass a PT test. The point is, they don't just let you through, unless you're a major+ for the most part. Standards have been lowered too much though, imo, they need to be a LOT tougher. I don't know how many here have been in combat, but passing a standard PT test doesn't mean you are fit for it, it sucks.

I think for combat the min should be atleast 75,75 and 13 mins :) just me tho, I know I did 80,89 and a 11:12 and I was smoked almost every day after patrols ect

Now if they could just ban soldiers from the military...

I think for combat the min should be atleast 75,75 and 13 mins :) just me tho, I know I did 80,89 and a 11:12 and I was smoked almost every day after patrols ect

At the least yea, but really a short half hour test can't possible test whether you can haul a ruck and gear for hours in 110+ deserts.

Where were you at? Scunion here.

I did 104 situps, 74 push-ups, and ran the 2 in just over 13 mins on my final PT test in basic at 28 :p We used to smoke DURING PT runs. Banning smoking is just a bad idea. I personally hate the self righteous douchebags that want to tell people that are willing to sacrifice their lives so they can sit on the internet and tell people what they should and shouldn't.

ahh maybe in your military but when i went through in 2001 during the 9/11 attacks the basic drills pushed people through left and right to AIT, where many still failed and got passed through to active duty.

ahh maybe in your military but when i went through in 2001 during the 9/11 attacks the basic drills pushed people through left and right to AIT, where many still failed and got passed through to active duty.

I can see that, they had to fill deployment slots. We had a crew come in right after 9/11, they were in basic when it happened, man, that was a weird day for sure (9/11). In Vietnam they took pretty much anyone too. I should have been born in the 30's, to me it seems like the WWII era is when men did, what men had to do, none of this whining, and crying weasel shit. "Bad guys startin' shit? Where do I sign up?"

I agree completely actually.

Honestly, I'd of signed up in a heartbeat to punch a fucking nazi in the face. No questions asked. I haven't signed up because of my personal views unfortunately, moral compass, and my inability to grasp not being myself for a solid amount of time.

I should have been born in the 30's, to me it seems like the WWII era is when men did, what men had to do, none of this whining, and crying weasel shit. "Bad guys startin' shit? Where do I sign up?"

Yeah but the chance of your child being a hippie was higher. How the hell did that happen anyways?

What kept me from signing, even though that was my plan since middle school, was education.

At the least yea, but really a short half hour test can't possible test whether you can haul a ruck and gear for hours in 110+ deserts.

Where were you at? Scunion here.

Camp Dodge Iowa lol, CDT Fitz

what kept me from signing up (again) was a busted ass leg :(

haha once ya in tho a busted ass leg dont stop them.... last we we had a PT test for record for the new year coming up as October I be elts were in some awesome gun ho trainning for the 11Bang Bang yeeehaaaa anywayz ya they will make ya do it with a busted leg trust me on that lol.. i ran the worse time I ever have at 14:10 I was so pissed my 1st Non 280/300 or above PT test score

Back