good news from work :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
had a short meeting with my boss this morning

as some of you may know, the contract position for the job i was working at my company was to be pulled sometime this year. officially, its 2nd week in april that it's going bye bye.
with that, so goes 3rd shift, as that was the only job on the roster.

welp, good news, is that my boss wants me to come on with the first shift development team :)

bad news, is i gotta do it in ASP/SQL server. lol

no biggie. with my background in php, it's really just a matter of learning, say, spanish from english. Instead of Look, you say Mila, instead of echo "some text";, you type Response.Writeln("some text");

php > asp

lol

but its good news, cuz i'm not loosing my job, am getting back on a normal 1st shift lifestyle, and possibly, a small raise :ph34r:

Yay! :)

Similar deal for me. They can't hire me on permanantly yet so they've extended my 6 month contract twice to 18 months. I guess they want me around. :)

naw, im not on contract. just the particualr job i was working was a 3rd party contract through my company, and THAT contract is due soon

Good deal man, but it sucks, you're one of the only people online when I am during the day.

First Shift Job>no fucking job.

Happy for ya B :thumbsup:

Good luck, B! :thumbsup:

So, does that mean you won't be posting during the hours of midnight to six in the morning anymore? :lol:

nice, so you won't be a zombie anymore.
and sunday autox , if you go this year will be a little easier for ya.

speaking of that, what's the status of the sol ??

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Mar 10 2004, 11:30 AM
speaking of that, what's the status of the sol ??

now THAT is funny :lol:

Good for you. Bad for me. No one to talk to anymore. :(

Congratulations B! I'm glad you're getting back to a regular shift... now maybe you can work on the Sol when you get home and other people are too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

First shift? 9-5? Day jobs are great. Unless you have mine and only work during weekends. College life sux. :ph34r:

Back