good news :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
you work 100 hours a week for a month straight, for not 1 dime of overtime pay, or a thank you, and let me know how you feel.

join the military. then add the fact that knowing you are working 100 hours a week and getting paid the same as the shitbag with an IQ of 85 that is working in the gym handing out towels and playing basketball for 7 hours a day gets paid the same as you. I feel you brother.

bah, i fucking bomed :cry:

they made me teach their code to the owner.... i was a babbling idiot :cry:

i don't think i got this one...

Quoted post[/post]]
bah, i fucking bomed :cry:

they made me teach their code to the owner.... i was a babbling idiot :cry:

i don't think i got this one...

Does the owner even understand their code ??? you may have sounded like a babbling idiot to yourself but hte owner may of been impressed

Dont sell your self short B let them be the ones to decide. i hope it all works out for you. And at least your gettin back out there sharpening the ol interview skills.

tis true...i mean i cant code php off the top of my head, but my boss was so convinced by my babbling that i got a promotion...check that shit out...i hope everything works out for ya bro. I know where youre at right now.

Now that i read that, it didnt come out the way i had planned. What i meant was, id rather be you knowing you know how to do what is asked rather than talking like a do and pulling something outa my ass. In the end it will be you with a secure job (maybe not right away) and me looking over my shoulder till i figure this shit out.

Follow up call and explain yourself.

If you take the initiative to do a follow up call and show the company that you are genuinely interested and truly care about their opinion of you, I can't see you not getting the job.

Call and talk to whomever you interviewed with, not some secretary.

I talked with the owner of the company (it's a small place, 25 employees total).

I never call- I always send an email, which i will do toomorrow morning.

E-mails are nice and easy, don't waste anyone's time, and it's more permanent.... a lot of people don't delete stuff right away, so they'll see it all day.

Quoted post[/post]]
I talked with the owner of the company (it's a small place, 25 employees total).

I never call- I always send an email, which i will do toomorrow morning.

E-mails are nice and easy, don't waste anyone's time, and it's more permanent.... a lot of people don't delete stuff right away, so they'll see it all day.

...or a lot of people scan emails, dump the stuff they don't know the address of, and go on their merry way.

I prefer the phone call since its more personable, but I guess for a tech oriented job, an email is sufficient

Either way, it shows interest, commitment, and initiative which is what ANY employer should be looking for in an employee.

I agree completely.

30% of hiring managers won't even consider a potential employee if they DO NOT send a thank you card in the mail. That's a definite must as gay as it sounds. But if you are a hands off type of guy, then hopefully it works out.

Back